Anyone around here hunt Deerpoint lake

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Anyone around here hunt Deerpoint lake

Postby Bmallory410 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 am

Anyone around here hunt Deerpoint?...I've started hunting it this year but I never see any other hunters out there....makes me wonder lol
Bmallory410
hunter

Re: Anyone around here hunt Deerpoint lake

Postby 1Luckytiger » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 am

Deerpoint..as in Bay County? Haven't hunted it in about 3 years due to all the skybusters,constant pressure, etc. It was always good on the two opening days but after that went to crap in a few days. Just woodies,ringnecks and an occasional gadwall,teal. Which landing you putting in at? Also, knuckleheads would shoot WAY after shooting time which was again PRESSURE. :smile:
1Luckytiger
hunter

Postby Bmallory410 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:35 am

I've been putting in at Indian bluff and hunting the back section... By all the stumps and what not.... I'm hunting areas that look like they would be great for duck hunting but lately I have seen very few ducks... And I've seen maybe 3 duck boat out hunting the whole season...
Bmallory410
hunter

Postby 1Luckytiger » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 am

Are you seeing plenty of vegetation growing in/under the water? I know they usually let th' water down by now in order to try and kill it..didnt know if they may have sprayed. If you're not seeing a bunch of coots then it's a lack of these veggies the ringnecks and gaddies feed on.
1Luckytiger
hunter

Postby Bmallory410 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 am

Yeah the water is down about 2 feet but there is plenty of vegetation... And definitely no shortage of coots... Just wondering if anyone else has been hunting out there lately and how they've been doing
Bmallory410
hunter

Postby sigalphjoe44 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Bmallory410 wrote:Yeah the water is down about 2 feet but there is plenty of vegetation... And definitely no shortage of coots... Just wondering if anyone else has been hunting out there lately and how they've been doing

its the end of the season so not a big deal but if I hunted that lake I'd probably wanna beat you to death with a coot for throwing my stomping grounds out in public like that. bad form sir :no:
sigalphjoe44
hunter

Postby chris_k » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 am

sigalphjoe44 wrote:
Bmallory410 wrote:Yeah the water is down about 2 feet but there is plenty of vegetation... And definitely no shortage of coots... Just wondering if anyone else has been hunting out there lately and how they've been doing

its the end of the season so not a big deal but if I hunted that lake I'd probably wanna beat you to death with a coot for throwing my stomping grounds out in public like that. bad form sir :no:

It doesn't matter that it's the end of the season. Cyberscouters will find this over the summer and be there next season.
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:10 am

This will show up in google forever.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby Bmallory410 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Well since your being a girl about someone throwing out your "spot" then I hope sky busters invade whatever area you frequent... Just trying to see if any locals were having the same luck as me....
Bmallory410
hunter

Postby BigBend » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Really?
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby sigalphjoe44 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Bmallory410 wrote:Well since your being a girl about someone throwing out your "spot" then I hope sky busters invade whatever area you frequent... Just trying to see if any locals were having the same luck as me....

you and your buddies stay outa our lakes with that skyblasting googan :fingerpt:
sigalphjoe44
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Bmallory410 wrote:Well since your being a girl about someone throwing out your "spot" then I hope sky busters invade whatever area you frequent... Just trying to see if any locals were having the same luck as me....

This is the Florida forum. The youth forum is located in the duck hunting general forums on the main page
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 pm

whaknstak wrote:

This is the Florida forum. The youth forum is located in the duck hunting general forums on the main page

:lol:

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using Tapatalk 2
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Bmallory410 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 am

See y'all at the ramp next year :grooving:
Bmallory410
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting