color of lab

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Re: color of lab

Postby biggmc1986 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:01 pm

If your running a Chessie you have got way to much time on your hands, Just saying. I am not allowed to own black dogs anymore cause of all the problems i have had with them. I own a yellow lab currently and he is pretty much a bad ass. I like to get peoples input since this is a sensitive subject for most people. I believe that a color of dog makes know difference on how the dog performs if the dog is breed correctly and not line breed or show breed. I cant wait to get another puppy maybe this time ill go with a golden retriever.
biggmc1986
Newb

Postby Idahofowlweather » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:06 pm

I have had one in every color... doesn't matter what the color is... it matters what the dogs temperament is like and training... I can truly say that I have had one that I liked over all 8 that I have owned that why he is still with me to this day... he old and washed up and gets to go every once in a blue moon... lays around the house most of the time but he will always be my fav...

I did have a really nice chessie a few years ago but she kept prolapsing so we had to put her down... but I loved the drive she had and how she could put up with the cold better than any of the labs I have owned or hunted with... my next one will be a chessie but going to get a male... I will never own a female dog again but I still have a blk lab female that is my current meat dog... don't ask my why I even tried it again...lol..

Jake
Jacob Hyer
Idahofowlweather
hunter

Postby Odin2010 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Color doesn't matter at all. The best thing to do to help increase your odds of successful hunting is to choose a color that suits your climate. If you hunt in a muddy, dark, shadowed environment then maybe go for a black or choc. If you hunt in field with a lot of yellow tones then a yellow or light color may suit you better.
Odin2010
Newb

Previous

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting