Duck Hunting Forum banner

just plain wrong

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  pvn6616 
#1 ·
I'd like to have 5 mins with the guy who stole my dozen decoys fromt he Red Carpet Inn in Galloway last night. Obviously another duck hunter - and I had PK Hilliard black duck in there among other things.

#2 ·
Last night? What trucks were there still? I had the boat with the blind parked next to you Thursday night and left all our decoys in the boat also. I spoke to the owner of the hotel and a few hunters Thursday night and it was booked with hunters all weekend, let me know who was parked there last night and I will try to help you out, sorry to hear that budd.

#3 ·
There weren't that many trucks in the lot, but to be honest, we were just hungry, thristy and tired, so I wasn't paying attention. The bag of dekes were in the boat and I put it in the back corner just like the owners asked me to. When I went to roll out at 330 they were gone. Just stinks that someone would steal another guys gear.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear of your loss. I hunt over Hilliard black ducks as well and swear by 'em so I feel your pain. I'll keep my eyes open locally for any sales in the paper or on CL. Any identifying marks like initials or broken bills (like mine)?

#5 ·
Appreciate it, really do. No, didn't have any marks on the birds although I will start doing so in the future. Never had anyone steal any of my dekes before! Some were PKH and others were by a guy in MI - Chad Jacklitch from Wildwater decoys in Erie Michigan. Chad makes a burlap wrap decoy and two of the Wildwater are "sleepers".

#11 ·
Boy that's strange, sorry for the loss. Was there too but not Saturday night. Would be surprised if there were any other hunters there Sat since you can't hunt Sundays. Never had any trouble there or anywhere else for that matter and I stay at a lot of different motels but I always keep everything out of sight.

#13 ·
Now I know who all those trucks belonged to at the Brigantine ramp and the couple over at Faunce Landing Sat AM! I was out Thurs and Fri but had a commitment Sat morning, so as I left the island I checked all the trucks in Brig for valuables but the only thing worth stealing were sneakers and TDB covers :mad: I had to meet some friends near the Absecon ramp and saw only a couple of locals and 1-2 out of towners. No decoys to replace my worn out Hilliards there either!!

Seriously, it really is sad that we have to protect ourselves from each other. If you are in such desparate need of decoys I wish you would join DHC and ask us for help. There are many guys here in NJ forum willing to give the shirts off there backs. You don't need to steal from us, we will be more than glad to help.

If you are on here and read this, and by chance feel any remorse, please PM me and I will act as a go between and see to it that the decoys are returned to their rightful owner. I have more decoys than I need and will give you a starter rig to replace your returned decoys. Ask my buddy OBXduckUSCG13 whom I met 2 yrs ago on this site and loaned 6 LL Bean Coastal Black Ducks.

Do the right thing! :clapping:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.