Hoyt CRX noise?

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Hoyt CRX noise?

Postby kjm1022 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 am

I just purchased a new Hoyt CRX, absolutely love the bow! I have never shot tighter groups in my life. Ive put maybe 100-150 through it and it has developed a creeking noise when drawing back and when slowly releasing it down. Ive hit it with some teflon lube at almost every moving part and tightened everything down. I cant seem to isolate where its coming from but it is annoying as all hell. Its being dropped at the bow shop today for the week so we'll see what developes. Some forum reading suggests it could be the limbs in need of some grease? Has anyone experienced this with their Hoyt? :huh:
kjm1022
hunter

Re: Hoyt CRX noise?

Postby Drivetacks » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:51 pm

It's a grease issue in the limb pockets I can't remember what the issue was exactly but for some reason a lot of the crx's have the issue.there is a video on YouTube with a guy discussing it. Mine creaked a little but took care of it when I had my limbs replaced. Bottom limb delaminated while drawing. When you hear funny noises drawing don't squeeze the trigger! I let it down slow and nothing bad happened. I have a serious fear of a limb blowing up in my face,
Drivetacks
hunter

Return to Archery