Tithing

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: Tithing

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:56 pm

It is the storm averted,
It is the sickness all around, that never touches.
It is a journey delayed, the accident that never was.
It is a thousand sorrows never suffered.
It is being in the palm of God.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby mikebosmans » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:52 am

870, you are truly a man of God. This forum is blessed to have a man of your character present. Stay strong. :thumbsup:

Mike
mikebosmans
hunter

Postby DuckmanOK » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:17 am

Love this post!
DuckmanOK
hunter

Postby Okranger86 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Yea, I'm liking this as well! Very interesting to read. Been in church all my life, but have never really immersed myself into what God has really called us to do. That is until recently. Raised baptist, but wasn't taught to tithe. I really believe if your heart is right when you give, God will bless you on this earth and after. I think hardship will give you the opportunity to grow, as does does titheing and giving above that tithe. You never know how God might use that or you, if you are just willing. I believe your tithe should go to your church, then any gift above that to where ever you felt lead. Let's not forget, money not the only way to tithe! You could give of your time, along with your money!
Okranger86
hunter

Postby DuckmanOK » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Genghis wrote:Well I thought I'd update you on this. I started tithing about a month ago. Last week out of nowhere I was back paid 7k and the next day got about $700 bring home pay raise. Tell me God isn't real?

That is truly awesome!
DuckmanOK
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:28 am

Malachi 3:10; Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Tithe has existed even in the time of the Old Testament. The scriptures are true and the blessings are real. I am a college student as well with a very low paying job. My wife and I married quite young, but we have always paid our tithing. We have to live within our means of course, but we always have rent money and food on the table. Since May, we've ran into almost $4,000 extra to get us out of the hole. God didn't provide the money, He provided us a way to get the extra money in my case with online sales. I run a small store online now to pay my bills. It's great to hear these experiences. I remember hearing them from my parents when my blind mother was out of work. I encourage you to write them down and share them with your kids.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Brimstone » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:35 pm

I have tithed 10% of my increase, mostly income (before taxes) for the last 16 years. I feel the Lord has blessed me for it as I tithe a lot more (total $) than I did 16 years ago. I wish I had the burden of tithing twice as much.
Brimstone
hunter

Previous

Return to Faith-Spirituality