Duck calling lessons

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Duck calling lessons

Postby zophy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm

I live in St. Bernard Parish near New Orleans. Does anyone teach duck calling lessons in the southern part of Louisiana?
zophy
hunter

Re: Duck calling lessons

Postby D Comeaux » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 pm

zophy wrote:I live in St. Bernard Parish near New Orleans. Does anyone teach duck calling lessons in the southern part of Louisiana?

I found this guy on the web from Louisiana. Roland (cortezr35@yahoo.com) The artIcle was dated 2008. I DO NOT know anything about him so CHECK HIM OUT and ask around before you pay for anything. There are also tons cd's and other instructional material you can purchase. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Listen to recordings of wild ducks or get out to one of the refuges and use the observation areas. In my early years i'd spend hours just sitting near large bodies of ducks and geese paying attention to the sounds they made in different situations. It all depends on how bad you want it!!!
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 pm

D Comeaux wrote:
zophy wrote:I live in St. Bernard Parish near New Orleans. Does anyone teach duck calling lessons in the southern part of Louisiana?

I found this guy on the web from Louisiana. Roland (cortezr35@yahoo.com) The artIcle was dated 2008. I DO NOT know anything about him so CHECK HIM OUT and ask around before you pay for anything. There are also tons cd's and other instructional material you can purchase. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Listen to recordings of wild ducks or get out to one of the refuges and use the observation areas. In my early years i'd spend hours just sitting near large bodies of ducks and geese paying attention to the sounds they made in different situations. It all depends on how bad you want it!!!

Pretty certain he's a member here. Do a search on here for the name Cortez and you should find him..
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:38 am

It's a shame you're on the east end. There's a RNT prostaffer, Jason Campbell, here in SWLA who hosts pretty frequent practice sessions open to all with no charge, whether they run RNTs or other brands, and he's always been quick to help anyone he can. Might want to check with whoever made your call and see if they don't have someone similar in your area.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby T-TOP » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:11 am

rick, do you know how to contact jason? my 14yr old is interested in competion calling. i have never had an interest in it, so i'm not much help on the whole routine and what the judges are looking for and all that business. any help appriciated
T-TOP
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:50 am

AKA General Beauregaurd
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 pm

T-TOP wrote:rick, do you know how to contact jason? my 14yr old is interested in competion calling. i have never had an interest in it, so i'm not much help on the whole routine and what the judges are looking for and all that business. any help appriciated

If his house phone isn't listed in the Iowa, LA phone directory, get back to me for his cell.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Park Duck wrote:AKA General Beauregaurd

Most here won't get it, but that's pretty funny.
Rick Hall
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting