The End

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

The End

Postby cannon » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Wulp, that's all, folks.

Best wishes for the closing ceremonies from your friends at the Trigger Happy Hunting Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: The End

Postby AR Dave » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Desperate to squeeze in as much as I can, I went back for a little more this afternoon, with my 20yr old daughter. Just about Sunset, 2 Gadwall came in and we took them both. Her first duck and she's almost as proud as her old dad. What a great day, 1st Band this morning & hunting with my daughter this evening. Sunup to Sundown tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great season and finishes strong. :beer:
AR Dave
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Best of luck to everyone. I'm somewhat happy to see the end, but I know I'll be depressed at sunset tomorrow.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby cannon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:23 am

ByersFarm wrote:Best of luck to everyone. I'm somewhat happy to see the end, but I know I'll be depressed at sunset tomorrow.

Yup. I'm tired. I'll be whining about it in a week, but I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Good luck with 'em this morning, Cason.

cannon
hunter

Postby cannon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:24 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359329068.811722.jpg

cannon
hunter

Postby PC76 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Awesome season. Was my second season and I pretty much went all in. Explored a whole lot, knocked down a few, but most importantly made some great friends and had a awesome experience. Not one hunt I regretted going on, but one I regretted not going on. Last day of the season was definetly up to par as being on the top three list and left me wanting to go back for more. Luckily the boy is begging to go and it puts me in the woods one more time.

Last day of 2012-2013
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359515261.069760.jpg
PC76
hunter

Postby 1546 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks, cannon. For my new phone wallpaper.
Newb

Postby cannon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:40 pm

1546 wrote:Thanks, cannon. For my new phone wallpaper.

Glad it was good for something! A pretty sunset and the promise of rest in the near future were the only things worth mentioning on the closing day at our place.
cannon
hunter

Postby Humpbackshooter » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Nice pic Cannon. Like you, I'm tired and wore out. Last half of the season was a bust. Get up and hunt only to watch the sun come up and birds fly by. Not one thing could change their minds. Too much water and temps that makes you want to catch some crappie. But, it show beat staying at home and doing notting. Finishing totals were like your... down from last yr. Talk of next year and what we will do and do better was the game at the buffet table in Forrest City @ The Ole Sawmill.
Youth hunt this coming weekend and its done. Bring on Nascar and temps in the 90's. That puts me at "the Ferry" with a cold one and family. Be safe my friend.
Hump.
P.S.--can't wait till next years blog to start.
Attachments
Greers Ferry  Aug. 2012   Day 7  (203).JPG
Humpbackshooter
hunter

Postby steve-o » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Humpbackshooter wrote:Nice pic Cannon. Like you, I'm tired and wore out. Last half of the season was a bust. Get up and hunt only to watch the sun come up and birds fly by. Not one thing could change their minds. Too much water and temps that makes you want to catch some crappie. But, it show beat staying at home and doing notting. Finishing totals were like your... down from last yr. Talk of next year and what we will do and do better was the game at the buffet table in Forrest City @ The Ole Sawmill.
Youth hunt this coming weekend and its done. Bring on Nascar and temps in the 90's. That puts me at "the Ferry" with a cold one and family. Be safe my friend.
Hump.

What end of the ferry to you stay on? It seems like there are a lot of folks from Memphis that make the trip over.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cannon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:37 am

Humpbackshooter wrote:That puts me at "the Ferry" with a cold one and family. Be safe my friend.
Hump.

Now we're talkin. Jump on that pontoon, plug in a little Jimmy Buffet, and fire up the BBQ grill. I can almost smell the brats & vidalias from here. Sure, there are a few wheel bearings, axles, draw bars, and oil seals to repair between here and there, but it'll be here before we know it.

I'm starting mine a little early. Gimme a few short weeks and I'll be laid out at the Royal Palms Resort on Seven Mile Beach enjoying the finest cheeseburger in the entire Caribbean.

Life is good.
cannon
hunter

Postby Humpbackshooter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Steve-O...Right now we stay at "Devils Fork Resort" just north of town. Close to the water treatment plant. Got its own dock, and nice trailers and condos. Well thats where we plan on staying. The lady/ owner sold out to a bunch of folks and got a feeling it may go private in the near furture. Own land down on the west end of the lake. Me and BIL (brother in law) bought 3 lots and split one so we can fart and not on each other. Go west down the main lake to the very end. look north at the woods. Thats where its at. Serveral lot for sale in there. Kinda a private / monthly dues kind of place. Keeps the trailer trash out. Thats where I plan on retiring in a few yrs. The wife says more than a few. Yea Yea right. Don't tell her that. :lol3:

Cannon.. the wife says that this time next yr we will be cursing the eastern carib. Her and her sis like to plan way in advance. We've been to the eastern carib. so much, that we're almost locals there. One of the guys in the club has a place down in Costa Rica, but can't get the girls to go there. Its nice. Has it own cook, captain to go deep sea fishing (his boat, the Kingfisher), pool, surfing. night life etc.etc. I think this is the web site...http://www.vrbo.com/181276#photos. (Villa Oasis) I think there is alot of buffet & Margaritaville juices being enjoyed down there. Maybe a guys/duck club trip??? I've got some repairs to make also. The 4-wheeler got some play in the front end. Tie-rods most likely. Wheels that seem like they got alot of in/out/up/down play.(Bearings?) Then there is the wedding in the back yard in May that I've got to prep for. Thats the big one. So I've got some work to do too. Simazine the yard before the weeds pop up.( Hate that "Henbit" & Poanna), Paint. And the list goes on. May have to come help you on the farm to get some rest. :thumbsup:
But, like you said....."Life is Good". :beer:
Hump
Humpbackshooter
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting