Durable tough waders

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Durable tough waders

Postby HARDKORE HUNTER » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:57 am

What is the toughest most durable (poke resistant) waders out there? I am glad yesterday was the last day of our duck season ONLY because I discovered a leak in the left foot of my waders and can't find it! I just bought these waders before this season and thought I was doing a good job on taking care of them but apparently not! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeremy
HARDKORE HUNTER
hunter

Re: Durable tough waders

Postby Goose Doctors » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Cabelas 1600 supermag. Have a pair and love them. Just ripped out a beaver dam a few days ago and knocked into many pointy sticks and walked through alot of brambles, i haven't owned them long but hear that the "armor flex" lasts forever through almost anything
Goose Doctors
hunter

Postby HARDKORE HUNTER » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:13 pm

SWEET! I will need to look into those cause where I hunt there is a lot of underbrush and sticks and logs and all kinds of nasty stuff under the water! Also a lot of berry bushes with thorns! I will check them out though! Thanks!
HARDKORE HUNTER
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 am

I bought a pair of Cabela's Marshbuster 500 waders in 2004. They are so tough, so heavy, so stiff that I've worn them about three times since.
Moral of story: the tougher the wader, the less comfortable they will be. Pick your poison, 'cause there is no free lunch.
mudpack
hunter

Postby JB27 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:58 pm

I made the switch this year to breathable waders and I will never go back to neoprene. I went with Cabelas dry-plus. These waders were much more comfortable, easier to walk in, easier to take on and off, and would almost be dry by the time I got home from hunting. They were also much nicer to wear for the first month of the season. The boots are 600gm insulate and towards the end of the season I would wear wader liners and never got cold. I hunted in and out of a boat and also in rice blinds and theyre still holding up just fine. I wish i would have made the switch sooner. Hope this helps and good luck !
JB27
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:48 am

Ssssshhhhhh, JB! Don't let the secret out! :biggrin:
mudpack
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum