Trap season already ? !

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Trap season already ? !

Postby Sagebrush » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Boy howdy, how time flys by.......................

Just received a call today with a heads up that out first trap shoot is coming up on
February 23rd.

Less than a month to check out the guns and ammo and get in some practice. Weather is not the best right now in Nevada
and I hope it warms up by then and stays dry for the first shoot.

The high today is said to be a delightful 38 degrees.

Good shooting to all this season.
Sagebrush
hunter

Re: Trap season already ? !

Postby Force Fetch » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:23 pm

Same to you Sage, we shoot all year long in Montana, Meat Shoots, and a winter league. Our spring league starts in March and will have 35+ teams. As soon as the league is over we will have our night time meat shoot. I believe our ATA shoots begin in March also.
Head down and Keep Swinging.
Wayne
Force Fetch
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:27 am

We had our second winter league shoot last Sunday ,it was very much like shooting in Nevada ,wind blowing 15 to 20 and
targets hoping if you road them at all . I love it , guys making excuses the targets were set wrong .The club we shot at did a
fine job , even tho one of their HC traps was installed 3 to 5 degrees right of center making the hard right target dive in the
wind ,instead of coming up and sliding right . Great Day to see everyone again ,some old friends and new faces .

Wishing you well ,
3200 man
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:17 pm

I try to get on them fast.................
I hate it when you think it is a dead bird and all of a sudden it takes the elevator "Down" !!
I even have a 6 O'clock hold on my birds,for that reason...................with the wind here in south Reno
that comes from your back,lots of times,you really never know if they will drop or slide left or right.

One reason the Sporting Clays up on the hill is such a hard test of targets,when the wind is over 12 mph.
One trip I ran less than 50 birds out of 100.........every bird was different from shooter to shooter with the gust of wind in the canyons and over the ridges. You could not go by what the last shooters birds looked like. Very interresting day.

AM and PM conditions can be 180 degrees different...........one reason we have the saying here in Reno of: "If you don't like the weather, just wait ten minutes"

20 days , or so, til the "Garlic Shoot".................
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Ahhh , spaghetti and beer at the Club House and I have the belly to prove it .

3200 man
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:26 pm

here in MI we shoot all year long, 12" of snow and were out there breaking clays thursday and sunday. We have stadium lighting at the club so the short days do not matter. :thumbsup: But I spend just about every weekend shooting sporting clays. it is interesting to see how good you can get shooting one course too often and then see how bad you can do moving to a new course. :biggrin:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 3200 man » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:32 pm

OH Yea , shooting the same course all the time makes you feel like the Top Dog !
I shoot it until waterfowl season get here , then see how much I've learned on birds .

I can say , It Helps

3200 man
hunter

Return to Target Shooting