Ice Fishing Retreival

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, HeritageHunter, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J.

Ice Fishing Retreival

Postby blockhead » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 am

About 3 weeks ago now, my buddy, the little guy, dropped another pick down a hole. This makes #2. We marked the spot and are planning a retrieval as soon as the ice melts this spring. I don't know if you've had a similar experience, but I swear, picks, spoons, gaffs are like magnets. I must have told him a dozen times he was going to drop it down the hole, the only good thing is I sprayed this 1 flor. red. I guess, on the bright side, I don't have to worry about running into another 10' shark. R
blockhead
hunter

Re: Ice Fishing Retreival

Postby MIKE J. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:28 pm

I keep a 10 pound industrial magnet attached to the bed of my truck. It has recovered many items that have went to the bottom including my buddies 870 :oops:

Good luck finding the spud :beer:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Ice Fishing Retreival

Postby blockhead » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:29 am

I keep a full set of scuba. I just have to go to the Cape to get it. I wanted to cut a hole through the ice and go after it right away, but I can't take the chance of someone else drowning. I don't mind risking me, but I'm not risking someone else. R.
blockhead
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting