What camera?

A place to share and ask questions about outdoor photography.

Moderators: Kiskadinna, Greenhead Grappler

What camera?

Postby Ryd3rHunTRFishR » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 am

Looking to get a new camera. I shoot mainly hunting and fishing and I know I need a quick shutter speed for waterfowl. I want some of those amazing shots that I can't do with my current camera. I think I will need a really good zoom lens as well for those waterfowl shots. Any suggestions? I would like to spend less and $1000 but I may spend more just depending. Camera needs to have interchangeable lens.

What do you guys think?
Ryd3rHunTRFishR
Newb

Re: What camera?

Postby Spiraleyes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:59 pm

Ryd3rHunTRFishR wrote:Looking to get a new camera. I shoot mainly hunting and fishing and I know I need a quick shutter speed for waterfowl. I want some of those amazing shots that I can't do with my current camera. I think I will need a really good zoom lens as well for those waterfowl shots. Any suggestions? I would like to spend less and $1000 but I may spend more just depending. Camera needs to have interchangeable lens.

What do you guys think?

You can get a camera body for $1000 that will work great, but you need to increase your budget by 3-4x for the lenses you'll need.
There are countless threads here asking the same thing, do a little searching :)
Jim R
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

Postby Ryd3rHunTRFishR » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Spiraleyes wrote:
Ryd3rHunTRFishR wrote:Looking to get a new camera. I shoot mainly hunting and fishing and I know I need a quick shutter speed for waterfowl. I want some of those amazing shots that I can't do with my current camera. I think I will need a really good zoom lens as well for those waterfowl shots. Any suggestions? I would like to spend less and $1000 but I may spend more just depending. Camera needs to have interchangeable lens.

What do you guys think?

You can get a camera body for $1000 that will work great, but you need to increase your budget by 3-4x for the lenses you'll need.
There are countless threads here asking the same thing, do a little searching :)

Thanks I guess no need to be :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame:
Ryd3rHunTRFishR
Newb

Postby fishfurlife » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:52 pm

These were taken this morning with a Nikon D5100. I don't know what you are looking for exactly in quality, but this is well under the numbers quoted about. The lens is a lens that came in a package deal. 55-200 mm Nikon DX lens 4.0-5.6 F stop. Nothing special in the camera world. I bought the package with two lenses from Sam's club for around $720. I didn't downsize the pictures enough so you may need to click in the images to see the whole picture.

These pictures are unedited other than cropping.

fishfurlife
hunter

Postby ~Island Outdoors~ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:22 pm

I currently use the Cannon SX 40 HS Powershot http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx40_hs I love this camera has amazing zoom, crystal clear 1080i video, pictures all around it was worth every penny. I made alot of videos with the SX40 check out my youtube page on my sig to see the vid's . My father liked the camera so much he went out and bought the new SX 50 hs powershot last week. It's affordable, compact, and has all & more the features you will need for any type of photography not to mention the excellent reviews/consumer reports. Check it out you won't be disappointed. :thumbsup:
~Island Outdoors~
Outdoor Media Productions
Long Island, NY-- Eastern Shore, MD
http://islandoutdoors2012.wix.com/islandoutdoors
Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/IslandOutdoors?feature=mhee
~Island Outdoors~
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:46 pm

I just got a used Nikon D300 for $350. Haven't been able to use it a whole lot just yet but I did take a couple shots posted in another thread.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Return to Outdoor Photography Forum