Building a sneak boat

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Building a sneak boat

Postby TnRidgeQuackHead » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm extremely excited about building myself a sneak boat for next season. Already bought a 6hp Honda, and an old used trailer, now I just need the boat. I have looked at so many different boats and can't find the right one. I wanted to do the Gator Duck Hunter 2, but my motor isn't big enough to get it on plain. I was hopeing to get some helpful tips in this venture. Note I am a custom woodworker and have all the tools I could ever need, just never built a boat. If anyone has any plans to share it would be so helpful!
TnRidgeQuackHead
hunter

Re: Building a sneak boat

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi and welcome to DHC!

You might want to take this question to our boat forum.
viewforum.php
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Hello iam a sneakbox boat builder.I only build all glass boats witch only draft 3 in. water. If you all ready have a 6.5 moter you need a 11 foot by 3 foot boat. Go to a web site called mokai and look at there boat that is the boat to build.Hope I was a little help.
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Postby guywithhat » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:33 pm

boat forum and talk to missedagain... he sells plans for hybrid sneak boats...
Built Not Bought!
This is Romeo Foxtrot. Shall we dance?
MorningWood built thread - viewtopic.php?f=72&t=164022
guywithhat
hunter

Postby SWAMPMAN2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:06 pm

I DO NOT UNDER STAND.Who sells plans to build boatsI thought he was looking for a little help. my bad.
SWAMPMAN2
hunter

Postby guywithhat » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:34 pm

TnRidgeQuackHead wrote:I'm extremely excited about building myself a sneak boat for next season. Already bought a 6hp Honda, and an old used trailer, now I just need the boat. I have looked at so many different boats and can't find the right one. I wanted to do the Gator Duck Hunter 2, but my motor isn't big enough to get it on plain. I was hopeing to get some helpful tips in this venture. Note I am a custom woodworker and have all the tools I could ever need, just never built a boat. If anyone has any plans to share it would be so helpful!

missed sells plans and I think he has a free plan on his site, and has built and hunted a butt load of rigs and could help out a ton in deciding what rig would work for his hunting style and motor size and load to be carried...
Built Not Bought!
This is Romeo Foxtrot. Shall we dance?
MorningWood built thread - viewtopic.php?f=72&t=164022
guywithhat
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting