Bad Fisherman

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Bad Fisherman

Postby benjaminayoung » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 pm

I've run into some fishermen who are poor sports about sharing public land, but these 2 take the cake. This post might get removed and me banned, but any hunters over on the Clarks Hill lakes area, if you see this boat, or these two "gentlemen" in the course of scouting for next year, motor around their boat for 15 minutes or so. They didn't fish at all. All they did was go from duck spread to duck spread, stopping and harassing the hunters. They did it to about 5 hunting groups, probably more. also, notice the bottle next to the fisher on the bow of the boat.
Attachments
Bad Fisher 3.gif
Bad Fisher 2.gif
Bad Fishers 1.gif
Most Common phrases out of a duckers mouth:
Why couldn't you have been born a duck!!!
OH S*&T, DUCKS!
Damn tweedy bird, you about got shot.
There's a whole bunch of duc..oh wait, tweety birds.
I about turned this mosquito into a duck
I just got ate up
benjaminayoung
hunter

Re: Bad Fisherman

Postby Dep6 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:19 am

I don't have a problem with this post other than, hunter harassment is against the law, why didn't you call DNR?
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby chris_k » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Thats messed up. They didn't leave when you asked them to?
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby gahunter706 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:29 pm

I've had fisherman come a little closer to my spread than I liked, and some that left immediately when they realized those ducks were decoys and we had shotguns, but never had them do like they did to you. I'll keep an eye out for that boat when I'm on the hill. Just curios, what part of the lake was this on?
gahunter706
hunter

Postby Remman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:03 am

That is very messed up, glad I don't hunt in conditions like that.
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dep6 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:34 am

Lake Seminole is about as bad at times especially when they have a winter Bass tournament.
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby benjaminayoung » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:10 am

Dep, I would have called the law, but even when I walked over to them and was 10yds away, I still couldn't make out their registration number. I recorded the whole thing. I did get an image of their reg#, but you can't make it out. I was able to get the names of a few hunters they harassed, so maybe they got the number. I was on Strom Thurmond, but who knows where these guys put in at.
OH S*&T, DUCKS!
I just got ate up
benjaminayoung
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:01 pm

I understand, been done to me on Seminole more than I care to count. One reason I been making one large trip to NoDak or Canada and not worry about chasing too much locally. So tired of dealing with the idjits!1
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby krazybronco2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:44 am

benjaminayoung wrote:Dep, I would have called the law, but even when I walked over to them and was 10yds away, I still couldn't make out their registration number. I recorded the whole thing. I did get an image of their reg#, but you can't make it out. I was able to get the names of a few hunters they harassed, so maybe they got the number. I was on Strom Thurmond, but who knows where these guys put in at.

only a few ramps on the hill that you could even put in at especally with a bass boat one of them was cherokee and a few on the north end of the lake that have very long and steep boat ramps.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby gateal1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Sorry man. We were in the fish that day and with the lack of you guys shooting we just thought you were good old bird watchers. Figured you needed a little excitement for the day..... :biggrin:
gateal1
Newb

Postby benjaminayoung » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 am

All I'm going to say is I have you on video tape, conducting the "activities" with other hunters in the general area of our view (I counted 5). Pursuant to GA state laws, your actions may find you in court. If you ARE one of the men in the photos, I appreciate you posting on this thread, as it will make finding your identity that much easier.
OH S*&T, DUCKS!
I just got ate up
benjaminayoung
hunter

Postby krusse25 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:31 pm

haha, get em
krusse25
hunter

Postby gahunter706 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Did you atleast contact DNR and report the incident? With a boat like that and them fishing in the end of january, seems like those guys like to fish and will probably be on the lake a good bit. Those pics of the boat and the individuals are pretty good, and if you get them to DNR, they can probably figure out who they are. Not sure if DNR can write any tickets on just the pics and your word, but with alcohol and hunter harassment involved, they will want to keep an eye on these guys.
gahunter706
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:55 pm

if you were a really good shot you could take some target practice at their lures right as is was about to hit the water. haha
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby gaducman » Thu May 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Sorry to say but I have had the same problem on the Hill and Ole Sem. The most effective cure after trying to be nice was to get in the boat and circle until the fishing was ruined. Lots of noise with fast throttle up and down, round and round. They could dish it out but could not stand it when it came their way. During tournaments they come early and have to be delt with promptly. We are there trying to enjoy our hunt while they are there for the MONEY !!! They don't realize that in the Midwest the standard for distance between hunters or fishermen is 300 yards. It is a simple matter respect.
gaducman
hunter

Postby MiccosukeeMeatDog » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:32 am

When that happens to me on Seminole and they linger, usually a "crippled duck" pops up between me and them and it needs some water-swattin! :wink:
Not to good to water-swat!
MiccosukeeMeatDog
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting