Duck Hunting Forum banner

SPECS

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  sfc711 
#1 ·
I had cleaned my gun, put the decoys away and had called it quits for the year...... but i can't take it anymore!!! This is the last weekend for specs and I've got to go. The last couple of weeks of the duck season we had very HIGH water and a flooded blind, so I'm hoping it's down enough to get a better set up. I know that the blind is still flooded, so it's going to be a hunt from the levee in "da" brush. Just hope there is a body of specs in the area?

Has anyone been out chasing the specs? POST SOME PICS!!!!

#3 ·
Gather you've seen my speck-only season photos in the log already. Saw a slew of them this morning, all knowing exactly where they were going and how to get there safely. Had but three come to the call and only one of that trio fell dead.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Rick Hall said:
Gather you've seen my speck-only season photos in the log already. Saw a slew of them this morning, all knowing exactly where they were going and how to get there safely. Had but three come to the call and only one of that trio fell dead.
Did see the photos...can't stay out of there :thumbsup:

It was a nice morning to be out there. Had a great duck show and did have a nice body of specs about a 1/2 mile to our east. It didn't take long however, for someone to flush them out riding on a quad :mad: Sounded like a duck and goose farm before LST.
I wish I could have photographed the ducks that were around us. Large groups would rise,circle and dive back in. Did see a large number of geese as well. We were able to break a few down and have them work, but did not commit. Enjoyable hunt nontheless!!!
DSCN0230.JPG

DSCN0233.JPG

DSCN0232.JPG

These are just a few from the several large groups around us fueling up. FAT and HAPPY!!!!!!!

DSCN0235.JPG

DSCN0236.JPG

Attachments

#8 ·
Rick Hall said:
Sucked not to speck hunt this morning. They worked so pretty this year I could almost give up my marsh blind to get back after them more often in a field blind. Almost.
We did pretty good on specs compared to last year. If we had a "dry" field next to us that was set for geese, it would surrrrrre be a hard decision for me to make every morning. I would have to say that the ducks would PROBABLY win out more often than not?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.