Red fishing Guides Mosquito Lagoon/Indian river?

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Red fishing Guides Mosquito Lagoon/Indian river?

Postby 18javelin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:50 am

Heading to Titusville First week of April to my condo. This year i decided to ask my Mom and Pops to go with us. Dad just had heart surgery and is doing good had 3 stints put in. He hasnt been down to Florida on any kind of Fishing Venture. We hunt and fish together non stop and Im wanting to make this a awesome trip.

I have some experience fishing the Lagoon system however we are going to hire a guide for at least one day down and another day do a deep sea charter....

Ok what is you guys advice on finding a good guide. Never have hired one always a DIY guy from canada goose hunting to multi state turkey and deer. However there is always that learning curve that limits your trip. This time we going BIG.... Know any guides here?

Another note we are taking kyaks to do some DIY fishing also Bass Reds and Specks ..... 2 months and counting...
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Re: Red fishing Guides Mosquito Lagoon/Indian river?

Postby bamagrad1992 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:59 pm

replied to ya on the main forum...

b
Git em in the deeks, keep em in the deeks...
bamagrad1992
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:46 pm

http://www.irl-fishing.com/

http://www.flatstime.com/

Both very knowledgeable, dependable and always busy (so they know what's going on where and when out there).

When you come down, PM me and I'll give you some pointers on where to launch your yaks close to the action. I haven't been out to the goon or the nana river yet this year... but by then I will have been in the thick of it for weeks.
Coonrod
hunter

Postby Capt Jeff Kraynik » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Who ever you go with @ MINWR just make sure they are "permitted" to do so!!!

The refuge requires all guides to have a yearly permit with an insurance rider to fish inside the NWR.

There are some great guides up that way that I sent my clients to & would be happy to recommend them to you in a PM.

As far as yak fishing, try KARS park @ the south end of the "No Motor Zone."

Huge reds black drum & all the trout you want.

I think a "day pass" is $5.00 bucks.

Stay on the western shore & fish up to the radar station.

Good Luck!!!
"Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out alive"

321-863-9182
Waterfowl-Alligator-Light-Tackle Saltwater Flats Fishing
Capt Jeff Kraynik
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:54 am

Wow thanks alot gentelman. My Pops just had 3 stints put in his heart about a month ago and is working out everyday hoping he is up for a week of adreniline fishing. Its a big help just to get starting points on where to look. I have very little knowledge of the lagoon system but have fished it DIY a couple times. Would love to get Pops on some nice reds/specks... Thanks again and if you want to send me anything in PM on guides or locations feel free i welcome any and all. I am reserching refrences now on guides so hope to put a deposit down soon.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting