Duck Hunting Forum banner

on the X....yes some of us are still hunting

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bruno1 
#1 ·
went solo today, because i planned to scout around the shoreline for fence boards for my GFs horse paddocks...

motor would not start this morning..and it was a balmy 18 degrees...took 30 minutes... dang boat got hung up on the ramp as well with the falling tide....double hernia getting it off the ramp....was concentrating on the motor not starting...

finally got it going.( thank god I have a new battery...thanks Kevin)

got set up with shells by 8:30 am.... had 5 geese by 9:30....had five flocks come in...my dogs were a littler misbehaved and broke, after I dropped some birds....while another flock was coming across the bay.... they almost set down but I had two dogs running on the flats.. last bird was banded ..2006 in Storrs CT.

i could have used two other guns today.....but i got a few nice fence boards.. and still made it home in time to pheasant hunt my club

the tool

See less See more
#3 ·
not sure,,,weak spark and or poor primer......there is no choke on this motor.......once it starts, it runs great...last saturday when it was 12 degrees...it started in a minute.

also one relay went bad on the TNT unit... so i had to pull the good one and swith it each time I wanted the trim to go the other direction!!... at least it worked though.

the tool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.