Duck Hunting Forum banner

South Texas guides

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  timd 
#1 ·
Looking to book a hunt in S. Texas this season. Just wanted some opinions/suggestions for guides in the Aransas Pass, TX area. Appreciate it!!

#2 ·
I just got back from Aransas hunting with the Spears boys of castandblast.com First time Ive ever hunted ducks outside of georgia. I would recommend them. Saw more ducks the first day than I have seen in my life, but Im just seriously getting into duck hunting. The blinds were comfortable for 2-3 people and even being the last week of the season we saw a lot of ducks and took our fair share, a better shot than I could limit out daily. PM me for more information.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Good deal, thanks guys!! I'll check them out. I'm down here on the S. Ga coast and the ducks just weren't here this year. So, I'm headed out for the 2013 season.

#5 ·
I have a personal friend, James Cunningham, who is a great guide out of Seadrift TX right beside Aransas. James down right mashes ducks and lets you hunt how you want. Being on the coast here in SC we also had another tough season. I have drug my boat 22 hours one way to hit South Tx for seven years prior and regretfully got talked into Arkansas this year. Tx is worth every mile. Pm me for his contact information. Great guy, no chip on his shoulder whatsoever.

#6 ·
I wouldn't give $5 to go out with Bay Flatts again. I have been going to Texas for 6 years now and now guide myself but I went with Bay Flatts twice and it was ok the first time but the second time was a joke. It is not because the birds were not there either. We payed them to take us in the mornings and barely killed anything and then we would scout mid day and go out in the evening out of my boat and would crush them. You better ask for TJ or Harold if you go with them or you will be stuck with a fishing guide that knows nothing about duck hunting. Before anybody says this they had NO idea that we had our own boat there. We were hoping they would take us on an airboat out to the places we couldn't get to get on some pintails but they stuck us in a prop boat and would just go get in some blind that they had killed ducks out of before without scouting. I found out quick that I could do just as good as those clowns!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.