Wht kind of decoys you like?

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby duckslayer72 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Wht kind of decoys you like? I'm a ghg man and a Bigfoot man. Also realgeese and big als silos. huntin the goose capital of the world. Chestertown MD (eastern shore)
Last edited by duckslayer72 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duckslayer72
hunter
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:40 pm


Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:31 am

GHG floaters and Dakota full bodies, and I'll be picking up some Dakota floaters next season.

personally cant stand big foots for the fact they huge and take up so much space you can only take 1/2 as many with you, they're heavy, and they dont move.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3211
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby jack lowe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:07 pm

ghg all tha way iv got 5 dozen floaters an some crappy flambeous i use for fillin in my spread but im lookin at buyin sum goose floaters an sum dakota fully flocked floaters to have in my decoy spread an i dont mean to highjack your thread but what would be sum good fullbodys to get
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:59 pm
Location: Cullman, Alabama

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby duckslayer72 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:25 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:GHG floaters and Dakota full bodies, and I'll be picking up some Dakota floaters next season.

personally cant stand big foots for the fact they huge and take up so much space you can only take 1/2 as many with you, they're heavy, and they dont move.




well when you have a 10ft wide 30ft long trailer it don't take up that much room
duckslayer72
hunter
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm

duckslayer72 wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:GHG floaters and Dakota full bodies, and I'll be picking up some Dakota floaters next season.

personally cant stand big foots for the fact they huge and take up so much space you can only take 1/2 as many with you, they're heavy, and they dont move.




well when you have a 10ft wide 30ft long trailer it don't take up that much room

because everybody can afford that.... :rolleyes:

believe me, I want an enclosed trailer, and could use one. But I cant justify the cost of one. And even if I did have one I still wouldnt put big foots in it, they dont have motion.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3211
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby IowaWaterfowler10 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Personally I believe that motion for goose hunting is way overrated. It's just another wacky sales gimmick, this is why I run silos. I could put an unlimited amount of goose silos and the same amount of duck silos along with three blinds in the back of my gmc. Why!? Because they take up No space! Stack, pack in, and kill birds. As far as floaters go GHG for now and Dakota's on the way.
User avatar
IowaWaterfowler10
hunter
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:24 pm
Location: Ames, Iowa

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby duckslayer72 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:33 pm

IowaWaterfowler10 wrote:Personally I believe that motion for goose hunting is way overrated. It's just another wacky sales gimmick, this is why I run silos. I could put an unlimited amount of goose silos and the same amount of duck silos along with three blinds in the back of my gmc. Why!? Because they take up No space! Stack, pack in, and kill birds. As far as floaters go GHG for now and Dakota's on the way.



Exactly motion is overrated. look at geese in the field, they may move a lil like tilt there head or slitly walk.
duckslayer72
hunter
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby mayhem96 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 pm

I believe motion does make a difference. To say it doesn't is just ignorance kicking in. I hunt over Greenhead Gear decoys all the way. Recently, I have started hunting over Real-Geese decoys. I like them and they are something different. For me though, it's Greenhead Gear all the way.
mayhem96
hunter
 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:54 pm
Location: Burlington, NC

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby jack lowe » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:11 pm

duckslayer72 wrote:
IowaWaterfowler10 wrote:Personally I believe that motion for goose hunting is way overrated. It's just another wacky sales gimmick, this is why I run silos. I could put an unlimited amount of goose silos and the same amount of duck silos along with three blinds in the back of my gmc. Why!? Because they take up No space! Stack, pack in, and kill birds. As far as floaters go GHG for now and Dakota's on the way.



Exactly motion is overrated.
nno!: nno!: nno!:
idk why this is even an agrument anythang thats looks more realistic is what im gonna use an thats not big foot decoys that dont move at all you wanna know why its because i have nvr seen a flock of geese not move at all when they are on the ground the day you see a flock of geese land on tha ground an just stand complety still il take back everythang i just said but i doubt you ever will.
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:59 pm
Location: Cullman, Alabama

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:05 pm

geese flap, run, chase each other, bob their heads to feed, and walk around when they are in a field.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3211
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby duckslayer72 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:33 pm

well guess wht! bigfoots are the best decoys apparently and motion is overrated because we killed 45 geese over them in early season this year and the bigfoots weren't movin.
duckslayer72
hunter
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby jack lowe » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:37 pm

im not sayin u cant kill geese if you dont have motion but on sum late season days when the birds are weary motion can make the diffrence between not killin crap or shootin yourlimit it just looks more realistic but evry one gots their own opinions i reckon
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:59 pm
Location: Cullman, Alabama

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby Mike657 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:26 pm

I have the Higdon full body flapper goose. It was worth every pennie. Good during the late season you dont have to call just pull the string and the geese come in.
Good Luck in the field-Mike.
Mike657
hunter
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:39 am

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:35 pm

duckslayer72 wrote:well guess wht! bigfoots are the best decoys apparently and motion is overrated because we killed 45 geese over them in early season this year and the bigfoots weren't movin.

Big foots are not the best... I personally hate them... IMO there is no "best" decoy.

I've killed geese over just about every decoy out there and even killed quite a few geese with no decoys at all.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3211
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby Boykinboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:57 pm

I always buy a few geese at the petstore. Tie em to a stake next to my blind. Works fine for me
Boykinboy
hunter
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:36 pm

Big foots might be durable but they look like crap. They are heavy, expensive and don't move.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont shoot until you can see their toenails!
User avatar
wetgoldenretriever
hunter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: The willamette valley

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:07 pm

wetgoldenretriever wrote:Big foots might be durable but they look like crap. They are heavy, expensive and don't move.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they also take up almost twice the space per decoy as a normal full body
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3211
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby Diver Slayer » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:19 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:
duckslayer72 wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:GHG floaters and Dakota full bodies, and I'll be picking up some Dakota floaters next season.

personally cant stand big foots for the fact they huge and take up so much space you can only take 1/2 as many with you, they're heavy, and they dont move.




well when you have a 10ft wide 30ft long trailer it don't take up that much room

because everybody can afford that.... :rolleyes:

believe me, I want an enclosed trailer, and could use one. But I cant justify the cost of one. And even if I did have one I still wouldnt put big foots in it, they dont have motion.


If you can afford a "2500HD on 37's" you can prolly afford a trailer. Spend less on rims, more on enclosed trailer!
Diver Slayer
hunter
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:10 pm

He doesn't need a trailer unless he has crappy Azz bigfoots. I don't know how many decoys you have but I can run my 4 dozen Tim newbolds and a dozen pro grade honkers along with my layout and other gear out the back of my short bed ford with a toolbox.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont shoot until you can see their toenails!
User avatar
wetgoldenretriever
hunter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: The willamette valley

Re: Wht kind of decoys you like?

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:12 pm

However I could justify a trailer for some dsd honkers..........


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont shoot until you can see their toenails!
User avatar
wetgoldenretriever
hunter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: The willamette valley


Return to Youth

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests