Home coming

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Re: Home coming

Postby riverrat47 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:09 am

I'd have a hard time arguing with that. However, there are some decent areas east of 39, but by the time you get east of 47, it's pretty much all developed.
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 am

riverrat47 wrote:I'd have a hard time arguing with that. However, there are some decent areas east of 39, but by the time you get east of 47, it's pretty much all developed.

I guess so. From where i live it's all city once you get to Rockford. From their on belvidere, marengo, then suburbs/Chicago.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby rism » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:37 am

I agree, east of I39 and N. of I80 , that is Chitagoland. There are some nice people that come from there that come down here to hunt. The main problem w/ that is lack of experience. Think they can kill ducks @ 80 yds all day and shoot 3 or 4 boxes of shells trying to prove it, basically because they don't know what 40 yds is. Not all but I've seen and hunted w/ enough of them that I don't care to anymore.
rism
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:50 am

An old friend of mine that used to guide at a goose club in Williamson county, during the heydays of goose hunting down there, said "There is no such thing as a goose out of range to a Chicago hunter."
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby BEDB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:07 pm

riverrat47 wrote:An old friend of mine that used to guide at a goose club in Williamson county, during the heydays of goose hunting down there, said "There is no such thing as a goose out of range to a Chicago hunter."

Hahahah aint that the truth
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby rism » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:25 am

Hunted w/ one from Joliet once. Was bound and determined he was going to stand in the blind and blow his calls "just in case a duck might hear him". The way he blew if they did hear him they would fly the other direction. 30 minutes is about all I could take. Told him those were pretty good looking calls on his lanyard and asked to see them. Accidentally fell into 6' of water. Thank God he didn't have spares in his bag. Over the years he has learned and we do still hunt together once or twice a year. He still can't blow a call but now he knows it. Leaves them in the bag !!!
rism
hunter

Previous

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting