goose call help!

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

goose call help!

Postby timmer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:32 pm

okay so i have not been early goose hunting for that long and want to start big time, i would like to know what is the best call in your opinions that are under 100$ i realize that i should blow one and pick it but can you guys help me narrow down my options ?
timmer
hunter

Re: goose call help!

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Try basin calls and gander valley custom calls. Both are great companies, might be about $25 over your budget butttt you get what you pay for. Keep your eye on ebay as well! Good luck!
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 pm

wanapasaki wrote:Try basin calls and gander valley custom calls. Both are great companies, might be about $25 over your budget butttt you get what you pay for. Keep your eye on ebay as well! Good luck!

I also highly recommend Gander Valley Calls. I have the Hybrid and the XXX and I really like them both.
Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby sandahl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Delrin Death Row Calls, they're all $80 and are awesome. Just find which one works best for you.
sandahl
hunter

Postby shoreboy06 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:39 am

Check out a Foiles Call, the SMH is the easiest blowing call out there and its super forgiving. Its gonna run ya a bit more but it will last a lifetime. Foiles has staffers all over so someone can prolly give ya a hand and show ya how its done. Check out his forum he has a classified section on there you should be able to find something fairly cheap if you want to go the used route as well.
Ill be hyprocritical and you heard it on DHC so its gotta be true
shoreboy06
hunter

Postby Fowl-Attitude » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 am

For 10 bucks more you can get a GVCC and trust me this is the best move you can make. The calls are the best I g=have tried to date and I try a ton of calls. The have a great fit and they sound terrific! I enjoy dealing with Mark, he is the real deal and hunts more than most other call makers I have spoke with, IMO this helps you make a better call. He has the best customer service, one more reason I use GVCC calls. Try the XXX...you can thank me later. Good luck with your search.
Callum Close .... then CRUSHUM!!!!
Fowl-Attitude
hunter

Postby timmer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:56 pm

thank you guys i will look into these calls and might spend the extra couple bucks to get one :)
timmer
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum