Arkansas Help

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

Arkansas Help

Postby ringneckslayer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:03 am

Hope I dont get pounded to bad for this post!

I am currently deployed and missed the 2012-2013 duck season. So planning for the next season has become a priority. Myself along with several other soldiers are looking in to coming to Arkansas next season to hunt for a 4 day weekend or so. I have been doing my research as the others usually rely on me to figure stuff out. We plan on hunting all public land or if were invited to hunt private we will be open to that as well. Any information that can be provided for me would be great. We have acess to most everything we will need, small boat/big boat, decoys, dog, etc. Looking for info on the best time of season to come (less crowding) and what to bring, also looking at what WMA is the not the best, but at least would give us a decent chance. Any info would help and would be greatly appreciated. We would be coming from Fort Campbell, KY and most likely would be hunting the eastern part of he state. My grou consists of several soldiers of varying ranks, but we have a lot of duck hunting under our belts (not experts by no means) but we have hunted quite a bit, in open water and timber situaions.

I hope this post dont go down as an internet scouting post! We are deployed and if we were not we would come scout for ourselves, just trying to get pointed in the right direction so to speak.
Thanks
ringneckslayer
hunter

Re: Arkansas Help

Postby firedawg1513 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:44 pm

would be proud to host some of america's finest for a few days. all depending upon status of others on the lease of course. pm me and ill give you my contact info. be safe and thank you for your service. :beer:
savin lives & destroyin property since 2002...
firedawg1513
hunter

Postby ringneckslayer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 am

Thanks for the info. I think we will make a couple trips to Arkansas next season. My grandfather was born and raised near pine bluff, if anyone knows any Chadwick's in that area I'd love to meet them! So even though I'm not an Ark native my roots are from ark!
ringneckslayer
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:16 am

It's not your Granddaddy's Pine Bluff anymore! :sad:
AR Dave
hunter

Postby steve-o » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:02 pm

AR Dave wrote:It's not your Granddaddy's Pine Bluff anymore! :sad:

truth!
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ringneckslayer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Yea I'm sure pine bluff is not the same, just wanna go there for the sake of saying I visited my grandpas hometown! He passed away a few years back, just one of them things I guess!
ringneckslayer
hunter

Postby rabbitdundied » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks for your service. My two duckhunting buddies are leaving for Kabul this week.
rabbitdundied
hunter

Postby ringneckslayer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 am

rabbitdundied wrote:Thanks for your service. My two duckhunting buddies are leaving for Kabul this week.

Good luck and Godspeed to your buddies ! If you need a partner next year I'll fill in!
ringneckslayer
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Which WMA you interested in going to? Would probably be best to wait and decide right before you go. Ask about who has water where. That determines everything.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby ringneckslayer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:23 pm

aunt betty wrote:Which WMA you interested in going to? Would probably be best to wait and decide right before you go. Ask about who has water where. That determines everything.

Not really interested in any particular wma, we will proably camp while we're there, so were flexible
ringneckslayer
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting