Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Scaup

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Redhead

Votes: 3 6.7%

VA traveling decoy?

25K views 283 replies 30 participants last post by  vt.honker 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Are any of you guys interested in starting our own state traveling decoy? I think this would be a cool concept. I know they do the flyway traveling dekes. And for guys who live fairly close they wouldn't even need to ship it necessarily.

Interested so far:
fowl mouth
recoil slinger
old1neck
Have Gun Will Travel
Dwhipper61
Markd
Swampbilly 1980
Imaduckinupnorth
callncut
Ibhansford
Lewdog
Skydog
crumbe
goosehunter
The Confederate
bass_hunter
Bull Island Boy
Tracker Grizzly
dirtejp
TangierIslandSlacker

***DISCLAIMER*** :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
If you are not interested in pm'ing the guy before you your address and information so he can send you the decoy (when we get to the logistics part) then please pm me so I can remove you from this list. I know some guys like to remain anonymous on here and if that is the case then this is not for you. Please PM me so we can resolve the list. Thanks, FM.

***2nd DISCLAIMER*** :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
To be apart of this one must take part in the whole purpose. Pictures must be taken during your hunts. You can conceal location if you would like, Im sure most of you will. Take a picture of your bounty with the coy. etc. etc. There may be a journal that will travel with the coy. Please take part in entering into this journal. If you are not capable of at least some of this please PM me and I will take you off the list. Thanks, FM.

ADDED :banana:

Alright guys, I guess we can do it by weekends. And then have possible fillers in-between depending on peoples schedules. Now there will be 2 decoys per weekend available. So each weekend can have up to 2 different names. Please specify which decoy you would like for which weekend. I have entered what info you guys have given me so far. Only area of concern I see for shipping time are the weekends before and after christmas since confederate wants it during the holiday. Unless he lives near someone. Quote this after every recent post for any changes made when you add your name in.

First week of October- TIS

Oct 12- Skydog (black)

Oct 25- Nov 4 - Ibhansford North Dakota trip (can)

Nov 16- top o va (black)

Nov 23- fowl mouth (black)

Nov 30- TIS (black)

Dec 7- NativeGaelGunna (black)

Dec 14-callncut (black)+(can)

Dec 21-

Christmas Holiday Week- The Confederate (black)+(can)

Dec 28-

Jan 4- dirtejp (black)

Jan 11- recoil slinger (can)

Jan 18- gooosehunter

Jan 25-dukcommander

Feb- TIS

**Youth Days**

Oct 26th-

Feb 1st-

Have gun will travel carved this beautiful black out of cedar :clapping: :bow:
DHC%20Traveler%202013.JPG

The second bird will be this Dave Church Cork Canvasback :thumbsup:
photo-18.JPG

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
seriously TIS, lol I know its early but we can start organizing now and figuring out the logistics and get the decoy we want so it's ready to go for September. That is, if anyone else is down to do this.

#14 ·
Take the intitiative to buy or find a corker or some other "unique" piece and bring the subject up again in September. Folks will fill the slots in a couple days, tops.
TIS I was going to have a vote once all interested parties were in play on what species to get made. This is why Im starting the thread now. Once we get the vote on the species and get it made we can move towards the logistics part of who when where how come August.

#16 ·
I need whoever is interested who has voted or yet to vote to post on here that they are in so I can add them to the list. Atleast 4 of you have voted and I only have 2 listed.

#18 ·
Have Gun Will Travel said:
FM Who are you getting the decoys from? I vote for cedar blocks of course.
Not sure yet have gun there are several options out there. We will do a cork vs. wood vote once the species is decided upon. Once we decide species and wood/cork then we will start looking at our options of who to make said decoy. This will be a process, but that is all a part of the fun :hammer: :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.