been open waterfishing 3 times already !!

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

been open waterfishing 3 times already !!

Postby decoycarver » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 am

Well been out in my friends boat several times this year..frst day caught 30 fish real fighters kept 10 great eaters fun to play on hook..mostly between 12 -25 inches ..mouth full of razor teeth..little piece of shrimp in hooh, red/yellow jig head and matalic sparkle tails..Spanish mackeral..really pretty fish..spots ..cooked broiled, fried and baked all these were excillent..off the coast of Florida..naples down here since Fab. 19th..saw alot of hogs..no real shooters eighter small or way too big to eat..like little tanks..tough animals very sporting..checked out Oakachobee for Waterfowl tooo late to hunt saw Mottled, red heads, both blue bills, Ring necks and BW GW and Tree ducks scouting for next winter season..Visiting Oldest Son and 3 Grand sons ages 5,7 & ( years old) I spoiled them good now i can go back to the nice weather???- :clapping: Yippy !!!--80's and 70's nice teaser .
decoycarver
hunter

Re: been open waterfishing 3 times already !!

Postby Seaductor » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:31 am

Stay there! It's still winter here!

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Re: been open waterfishing 3 times already !!

Postby decoycarver » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:47 pm

yes, just arrived back..burrrr.....brought home the ole' head cold they gave out on the filght home..well 9 more months till spring --back down the hole..til the dafidils pop !!--then swerling trout & Salmon ..and a new GRILL !! :thumbsup:
decoycarver
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting