Ranting

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Ranting

Postby dgram36 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:57 am

I have been actively searching for a jon boat since my tax returns came back. Been scouring the internet and craigslist and this site trying to find the perfect first boat. As of now I hunt out of a canoe so I can truly say it can be my first boat. It appears that there are plenty of other people doing the same thing because I've been coming up second on a few of my choices. Well this week I thought was going to be my week because I called on a boat that was a great deal. Boat, motor, trailer, blind all for a reasonable price. Excitedly call the guy, get an answer and find out I'm the number 2 caller. First caller comes and buys the boat with cash. Up until now all is fair and I go about my search. Start my search back up this morning and what do I find? Same boat I got beat for yesterday is back up for sale by a different owner for $2500 more, literally three times what the dude paid for it. This ****** is just buying up boats and flipping them to price gouge and make himself some more cash :mad: I would have put this boat to good use and now this jerkoff has really ruined my day. Great part about it is he's a DHC member and posted in this sites classifieds as well :hammer: Am I being a sore loser at this point or do I have a legitimate reason to be a little salty? On an unrelated note, If anyone has a 16-18ft jon boat they want to part with let me know!
dgram36
hunter

Re: Ranting

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 am

Sorry man but I'm gonna have to say sore loser on this one. I know it's aggravating for ya especially when you find what you feel is the perfect boat for what you're wanting. In the guys defense he is giving the previous owner what they want for their boat.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Luvbowhuntn wrote:Sorry man but I'm gonna have to say sore loser on this one. I know it's aggravating for ya especially when you find what you feel is the perfect boat for what you're wanting. In the guys defense he is giving the previous owner what they want for their boat.

I can see your point, but I would feel guilty if I bought a $1500 boat and sold it the next day for $3500. I guess that's probably why I'm poor;)
dgram36
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:40 pm

I know the feeling brother I can't do it either. But I know plenty of folks that have no problem with it and do that any chance they get

Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby goldrush2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:50 pm

i have a 14 ft carolina skiff not the j model with a johnson 25 hp short shaft tiller engine new impellor and lower unit oil
comes with a galvanized bunk trailer boat and motor are painted im looking at 1500.00 or best offer motor is a 1979 it runs great i can e mail pics or call me 732-558-8552
goldrush2
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:14 pm

goldrush2 wrote:i have a 14 ft carolina skiff not the j model with a johnson 25 hp short shaft tiller engine new impellor and lower unit oil
comes with a galvanized bunk trailer boat and motor are painted im looking at 1500.00 or best offer motor is a 1979 it runs great i can e mail pics or call me 732-558-8552

PM sent
dgram36
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting