Sunday Hunting Bill Introduced

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: Sunday Hunting Bill Introduced

Postby trigger22 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:38 pm

I am a Christian, but do not believe the decision to allow hunting on Sunday should have anything to do with church. We are supposed to be a free country and able to make our own personal decisions in that regards. Key word was "supposed" because I feel like our nation that was once so great is taking a fast approach to the bottom of the pile and in all honesty think our religion (or lack there of) has everything to do with it. In saying that, I just want to add God BLESS AMERICA!
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:05 am

I can respect your opinion DuckMauler and agree with you in part. I get to hunt more during the week than I ever do on the weekends. If I am not working on a weekend then I am spending time with the family. I don’t believe it makes you any less of a Christian if someone chooses to hunt on a Sunday morning. I was always brought up to believe church is where you make it. Prayer means just as much to God whether it comes from a bench in a duck blind or a church pew in front of the pulpit. I do agree with you that this country has taken a drastic turn from the religious ideals and fundamentals that it was founded on. I would love to see our country back on track as much as anyone but I don’t feel that just because someone chooses to hunt on a Sunday morning it compromises their beliefs or who they are. Yes we are in the Bible belt as some would say and I am proud to live in it. I hunt with a great group of guys and, God and prayer is a huge part of who we are. It’s sad to say but we probably pray more at the supper table at duck camp than we do at home sometimes. That is where we fall short but it’s no one’s fault but our own. I meant absolutely no disrespect with this post and it’s great to see that there are still some good ole boys left out there. Happy hunting in the fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate the respect. And in no means am I trying to start a war with my post. Nor trying to shove my beliefs down anyone's throat. Just stated my thoughts on it. Great post!

Whatever happened to religious freedom? Some religions worship on Saturdays even though it sounds like a war outside on Saturday mornings. If we are going to restrict Sunday hunting due to the impacts on people attending church services, why not add Saturday as well? Or are we just worried about our own personal beliefs and no one else's?

I say keep religion out of the discussion, as people of different faiths may practice their personal spiritual beliefs on any day of the week.

Again, I mean this politely.......first off, I don't have religion, I have salvation. With that being said, much of the reason this country has went south is because religion(CHRISTian beliefs) has been taken out of everything. Prayer taken out of schools, God being taken out and off of everything.......etc..... I think we've slapped God in the face enough in this country. And like it or not we(America) were founded as a CHRISTian nation. Again no disrespect meant. I give courtesy to everyone's beliefs. We are a free country and we have the right to believe however we want. I just firmly believe that being a Christian country God should give reverence in every way especially on His day. When I was young stores there was nothing open on Sundays, much less people hunting fishing playing golf etc......

Your right, regardless of how anyone feels, with seperation of church and state laws should not be influenced by religion.

Saw this the other day..........."The rapture = separation of church and state" Thought it was pretty good!

I am a Christian, but do not believe the decision to allow hunting on Sunday should have anything to do with church. We are supposed to be a free country and able to make our own personal decisions in that regards. Key word was "supposed" because I feel like our nation that was once so great is taking a fast approach to the bottom of the pile and in all honesty think our religion (or lack there of) has everything to do with it. In saying that, I just want to add God BLESS AMERICA!

It definitely has went down. Agreed with the reasons you mentioned.

I never ever said or even tried to imply that hunting on Sunday would send someone to hell or made them a bad person etc.....Just voiced my thoughts on it just like everyone else. I hope it stays like it is. Either way, I am a CHRISTian and I realize the need to be outspoken about anything regarding Sundays, Church, and God in a day and age where most Christians sit in the closet. No disrespect to anyone! And if my posts seem bold it's because I'm serious about things of this matter!
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby wahoowilly » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:24 am

Dingbatter 2 wrote:Maybe instead of allowing hunting on Sunday, we should keep the status quo and add fishing. Have you seen the boat ramps on Sunday mornings? It's crazy out there! Let the fish have a day of rest too. :lol3:

Oh, almost forgot! No golf on Sunday either! And no beer drink'n...and that includes on private property too. :hammer:

Works for me.
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:43 am

I dont think it will be beneficial for duck hunting in North Carolina.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Wed May 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Is this happening this year?? any updates??
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm

I think May 16 is the deadline for the bill.
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 am

I have been told by our local State Senator, they did not think it would pass.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:50 am

Farm Bureau is against it. That is all. :smile:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting