Idaho Waterfowl Association Meeting

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Idaho Waterfowl Association Meeting

Postby justakiller » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:47 pm

The IWA will be having a general membership meeting on Sept. 20 in Meridian at the Quick Wok........7:00. The main focus of the meeting will be the election to fill 3 empty BOD positions. If there is anyone interested in being on the BOD.....please email me at mudmaster208@yahoo.com. I know there are quite a few N. Idaho guys here and we would really like to see SOMEONE from that area step up to the plate. Since most of the membership is in SW Idaho......we are looking into holding "electronic" meetings to make it easier for BOD's and members from the North and East part of the state. Also; there are BOD's from SW Idaho willing to do some travelling to meet with waterfowlers in other portions of the state. The association must be a statewide organization or it will not work. If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments please email me at the above addy. Once again......I would like to encourage everyone to consider the IWA BOD positions. If you have any inkling at all to do it but have questions.....please feel free to email me or PM me.
Mark
justakiller
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:18 pm

ive never heard of the iwa before... what do they do?... do they have a website or anything like that?
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby justakiller » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:14 am

Here is the addy.......read up :thumbsup:

http://www.idahowaterfowl.org/
justakiller
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:47 am

jjohnson,

I just joined this year. I know some of the guys involved with it down south and their interests are consistent with the mission of the organization as stated on the website. I share the belief of the founders of IWA that this state's F&G Commission has a preference (wether they realize it or not) for big game huntiing and that waterfowl needs advocates to bring it foreward in the minds of F&G heirarchy. In other words, to be proactive on the state level.

I think I am going to the meeting next week as I will be in Boise on business.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby justakiller » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:03 pm

HH-
Give me a call when you get to town.
justakiller
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:14 pm

PM me your phone number as it was on the speed dial of my old phone and I don't have it anymore.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:32 pm

well it sounded good to me so i went ahead and joined up...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting