Deerflat Refuge Conservation Plan

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Deerflat Refuge Conservation Plan

Postby idaho slim » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:06 pm

As of today (March 15) the Deer Flat Refuge conservation plan is open for public review. It is open for comment until May 15. I haven't taken the time to read the entire thing, but according to the Statesman it will be a bit more restrictive than what we're used to. You can view the plan here - http://www.fws.gov/deerflat/refugeplanningPlanningUpdates.html. Thought this might be of interest in case you missed it in the paper.
idaho slim
hunter

Re: Deerflat Refuge Conservation Plan

Postby FlyFishingFreak » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:41 pm

Who has time to read this?? Deer Flat seems pretty restrictive as it is.
FlyFishingFreak
hunter

Postby waveslider » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Worse yet, the executive summary is not even a summary.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby FlyFishingFreak » Mon May 06, 2013 7:03 am

I've had a chance to look at some of the refuge's brochures on the proposed new changes and I urge everyone to look at it as well. Much more restrictive!!!

For example.... Only 1 box (25) shotgun shells per hunter while on the refuge.

More "No Wake" zones. Not important to us Duck hunters, but to us bass fishermen, wakeboarders, water enthusiasts.

Random no access spots where mating grebes are witnessed. Doesn't matter if its right in front of one of the only 3 boats launches.

Take a look if you can and lets not let this happen.
FlyFishingFreak
hunter

Postby waveslider » Mon May 06, 2013 1:41 pm

What is the comment format? Attend in person? written responses only? Public Forum? I didn't see it spelled out anywhere?
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby Duck-slayer » Fri May 10, 2013 10:54 am

FlyFishingFreak wrote:I've had a chance to look at some of the refuge's brochures on the proposed new changes and I urge everyone to look at it as well. Much more restrictive!!!

For example.... Only 1 box (25) shotgun shells per hunter while on the refuge.

More "No Wake" zones. Not important to us Duck hunters, but to us bass fishermen, wakeboarders, water enthusiasts.

Random no access spots where mating grebes are witnessed. Doesn't matter if its right in front of one of the only 3 boats launches.

Take a look if you can and lets not let this happen.

the only thing I disagree with is the grebe thing, 1 box of shells will keep the skybusters temporarily out and the no wake zone's, are more specified for those high speed bass boats that think they can go 70+ mph everywhere.....
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting