Anyone heard of this guy?

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Anyone heard of this guy?

Postby lovetheduck » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 pm

So there I was farting around on craigslist on my Sunday afternoon before the race starts when I find Black creek mud motors in Jacksonville and I've never heard of them. And turns out that one of the pictures on the website is of a hybrid like mine. So anyone heard of them?
lovetheduck
hunter

Re: Anyone heard of this guy?

Postby dogyak » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Never heard of them , I looked to see if they had a web site , nothing listed .
dogyak
hunter

Postby lovetheduck » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:50 am

ya i couldn't find anything either. However i got on ebay and found the mud motor kits on there and basically i found like a 7 horse power long tail on there for like 400 bucks. Not to bad and it'd work on the back of my hybrid the only question i'll have is if putting that and a small gas tank on the back if that'll overload the boat. I'm a big boy and i carry like 2 dozen decoys with me but i do't know if putting all that will swamp my boat.
lovetheduck
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 am

Never heard of them either. But i got to wonder how much their motor weighs in at compared to Stump Jumpers...

As for a 7hp on your hybrid buddy, you would be better off building one with pods or going with a 10fter. I know your hybrid was pretty heavy to start with, that is why i would suggest a 10' or pods. That would help keep the rear of the boat from beind overloaded and give you some more freeboard as well.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby lovetheduck » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:43 pm

your such a party pooper.....but i was figuring the same, it would be cool to get that puppy up on plane though haha. But i'm confident a trolling motor would be just fine though, put the motor on the back and the battery all the way up front and just run the lines down the side, that should be to bad right?
lovetheduck
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting