Sycamore duck or goose hunting.

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Sycamore duck or goose hunting.

Postby Ahrex7 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:25 am

Recently moved to sycamore. Wondering if anyone in the area knows of any good spots or needs any help setting decoys and shooting birds?
Ahrex7
Newb

Re: Sycamore duck or goose hunting.

Postby BEDB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm

There was an ungodly number of birds up there last year. If I were you I would be knocking on doors.
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:15 am

I can tell you there are already a bunch of other people hunting around there so good luck getting in anywhere. Plus a lot of the land is owned by people that live who knows where so it's hard getting in some places becuse you can't get an awnser.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby BEDB » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:23 am

gearhead80 wrote:I can tell you there are already a bunch of other people hunting around there so good luck getting in anywhere. Plus a lot of the land is owned by people that live who knows where so it's hard getting in some places becuse you can't get an awnser.

Not saying your wrong but the first place i stopped at, right off the highway, I got permission no problem. Guy said they've had a few guys hunt it in the past but no one had asked recently. As we were talking about 10k geese and 2k mallards poured into his field. Couldn't believe that no one had asked, as it was so obvious the birds were getting in there.
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:52 am

BEDB wrote:
gearhead80 wrote:I can tell you there are already a bunch of other people hunting around there so good luck getting in anywhere. Plus a lot of the land is owned by people that live who knows where so it's hard getting in some places becuse you can't get an awnser.

Not saying your wrong but the first place i stopped at, right off the highway, I got permission no problem. Guy said they've had a few guys hunt it in the past but no one had asked recently. As we were talking about 10k geese and 2k mallards poured into his field. Couldn't believe that no one had asked, as it was so obvious the birds were getting in there.

I'd call that good luck from what I've heard from my 2 buddies that live in Dekalb. They have asked over a dozen people and have 3 places to hunt. Plus I'd deffinatly do the research to find out if that person really owns that property. Just cuz they live right there doesn't mean a thing.. I've heard of such things as the worng people giving permission, then it turns bad for the hunter when the real property owner finds out.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby BEDB » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:09 am

gearhead80 wrote:
BEDB wrote:

I'd call that good luck from what I've heard from my 2 buddies that live in Dekalb. They have asked over a dozen people and have 3 places to hunt. Plus I'd deffinatly do the research to find out if that person really owns that property. Just cuz they live right there doesn't mean a thing.. I've heard of such things as the worng people giving permission, then it turns bad for the hunter when the real property owner finds out.

He owns it. He's a straight shooter. I'd say 1/4 is a pretty good percentage for your buddies. I wish 25% of the doors I knocked on around here were successful.
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby Poorbuthappy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Hey- If you need someone to help scare birds and set decoys still, I would love to fill that roll. I am student at NIU, and always up for some goose killin!! I created an account because I saw this post... Good to see other people huntin nearby
Jesus first, Wife second, Hunting third. Work when you have to! And do it all well.
Poorbuthappy
Newb

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting