Goose Call ID help

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Goose Call ID help

Postby jfallso » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:34 am

Novice goose caller checking in with a couple questions. Ive been learning on a goose whisperer from winglock which has really helped build my confidence. I was looking to start to develop a wider range of sounds that i could use in different situation and wound up picking up what i was told was a down n dirty call for very short money. When i got it it sounded ok in both my hands and in the hands of a few buddies who are more experienced callers then me, unfortunately the problem started when i blew the wedge out the back?!? I tried without ANY success to tune it. After my buddies had no success with it either, I was told it was a dud hah. Im leaning more towards it being us though... ANyways i was wondering if anyone could give me a positive ID on the call and maybe some advice on tuning the thing. The call reads "DD custom game calls" which is hard to see in the photo. The reed appears to be shaved and the wedge looks like someone put an emory board to it (its roughed up and not level). Anyways.. any help would be appreciated. Im thinking about a TG Super mag/Saunders Traffic/MG EX3/Winglock Long Neck for my step up but id like to atleast be able to blow this one first.
Attachments
photo-18.JPG
jfallso
hunter

Re: Goose Call ID help

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:03 am

jfallso wrote:Novice goose caller checking in with a couple questions. Ive been learning on a goose whisperer from winglock which has really helped build my confidence. I was looking to start to develop a wider range of sounds that i could use in different situation and wound up picking up what i was told was a down n dirty call for very short money. When i got it it sounded ok in both my hands and in the hands of a few buddies who are more experienced callers then me, unfortunately the problem started when i blew the wedge out the back?!? I tried without ANY success to tune it. After my buddies had no success with it either, I was told it was a dud hah. Im leaning more towards it being us though... ANyways i was wondering if anyone could give me a positive ID on the call and maybe some advice on tuning the thing. The call reads "DD custom game calls" which is hard to see in the photo. The reed appears to be shaved and the wedge looks like someone put an emory board to it (its roughed up and not level). Anyways.. any help would be appreciated. Im thinking about a TG Super mag/Saunders Traffic/MG EX3/Winglock Long Neck for my step up but id like to atleast be able to blow this one first.

that is an old Down N Dirty Goose call.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:04 am

DMBgoosehunter13 wrote:
jfallso wrote:Novice goose caller checking in with a couple questions. Ive been learning on a goose whisperer from winglock which has really helped build my confidence. I was looking to start to develop a wider range of sounds that i could use in different situation and wound up picking up what i was told was a down n dirty call for very short money. When i got it it sounded ok in both my hands and in the hands of a few buddies who are more experienced callers then me, unfortunately the problem started when i blew the wedge out the back?!? I tried without ANY success to tune it. After my buddies had no success with it either, I was told it was a dud hah. Im leaning more towards it being us though... ANyways i was wondering if anyone could give me a positive ID on the call and maybe some advice on tuning the thing. The call reads "DD custom game calls" which is hard to see in the photo. The reed appears to be shaved and the wedge looks like someone put an emory board to it (its roughed up and not level). Anyways.. any help would be appreciated. Im thinking about a TG Super mag/Saunders Traffic/MG EX3/Winglock Long Neck for my step up but id like to atleast be able to blow this one first.

i will tune it for you if you send it to me. :thumbsup: Just include 5 bucks to ship it back to you. i will have it running for you in no time
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby jfallso » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks DMB! PM sent!
jfallso
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:44 pm

DMBgoosehunter13 wrote:
DMBgoosehunter13 wrote:

i will tune it for you if you send it to me. :thumbsup: Just include 5 bucks to ship it back to you. i will have it running for you in no time

You beat me to it :sad: :sad:
mayhem96
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum