Camo Dipping

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Camo Dipping

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 am

Anyone tried it? Ive been considering having it done but after looking around it doesnt look to hard. Any one kit better than the other?
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Re: Camo Dipping

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:35 am

If you just want a camo gun, maybe try this.
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36000&hilit=+painting

If you want a tough gun that doesn't rust, try duracoat.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:48 am

Rust is the main reason for cosidering the dip. Will it not prevent rust on the exterior of the gun?
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 am

Duracoat will never rust. It costs a little, but I'd say it's worth it.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:27 am

The dipping process start with a primer and a coat of paint. The pattern is just an ink. How does this differ from duracoat other than the ink for the pattern? This is the first time Ive considered painting a gun so I really dont know a thing about these products. Thanks.
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:31 am

Duracoat is a "paint" that you airbrush onto the firearm. It takes around a week to cure for use, and will continue to harden over time. It doesn't rust and if you make the right preparations, it will never scratch or chip. It's almost like a smooth bedliner for a gun but a lot tougher.
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Thanks for the info Jr
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting