Turkey Time

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Turkey Time

Postby Bloke » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:50 am

With the upcoming Wild Turkey season among us I figured I would post up my favorite turkey breast recipe.
Fillet one half of a Wild Turkey breast into 1" thick strips. Be sure to remove all sinue from the surface before you do this. After you have your meat cut to size, put it in a gallon ziplock bag with a spicy or dijon mustard. Roll around and completely coat surface of the meat. Transfer to another bag with House Autry seafood breader and bread the meat.

Heat about a half inch of Olive oil in a skillet. Fry the meat on both sides until golden brown. It will cook pretty fast. The mustard makes the outside for an AMAZING crust. It will cook pretty fast. You won't need more that about 4 minutes per side. Be careful not to overcook or it will be tough. When the meat comes out dash a little creole seasoning on it and enjoy. 1/2 breast will feed about 5 people depending on the size and how many sides you make with it. It goes really good with some mashed potatoes and gravy.

Give it a try and I promise you will not be disappointed.
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Re: Turkey Time

Postby Bird Junkie » Mon May 06, 2013 9:20 am

Last couple turkey breast i did i butterflyed and stuffed with mushrooms, ham, swiss, fresh asparagus and artichoke hearts. This time I wanted a quick meal so I put a little spin on this and brined the turkey breast then rolled in yellow mustard and house of Autry came out amazing.
Just being LUCKY!!!!!!! And hoping to be as great a dog trainer as Somebody
Bird Junkie
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking