Any one else shoot 4-h skeet an trap ???

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Any one else shoot 4-h skeet an trap ???

Postby jack lowe » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:00 pm

i was just wondering if any one else out their shoot 4-h skeet or trap this was my 5th year we just had our state tournament this weekend i didnt place but i had a solid score i scored 89 out of 100 we shot 50 round of skeet an trap if any one else out their shoots id love to hear from ya thanks !
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter

Re: Any one else shoot 4-h skeet an trap ???

Postby Sagebrush » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:15 am

I have found that a #9 pellets works great for skeet and only needs a 1145 fps velocity for the short distances
with a skeet or I/C choke.
Trap with a modified choke and #8's is a good standard load at 1145fps and 1200fps for the harder shots and
longer distances. If very cold or windy 7 1/2's can help your score, with a Full choke at HDCP yardage.

Good luck on your next shoot.
Sagebrush
hunter

Re: Any one else shoot 4-h skeet an trap ???

Postby jack lowe » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Sagebrush wrote:I have found that a #9 pellets works great for skeet and only needs a 1145 fps velocity for the short distances
with a skeet or I/C choke.
Trap with a modified choke and #8's is a good standard load at 1145fps and 1200fps for the harder shots and
longer distances. If very cold or windy 7 1/2's can help your score, with a Full choke at HDCP yardage.

Good luck on your next shoot.

i use number 8 shot with a skeet choke my shells shoot 1200, and for trap i use 7 1/2 with a mod an thanks man
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter

Return to Target Shooting