Duck Calls

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Duck Calls

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Just curious i was thinkin about Florida Duck hunters and was wondering how many of you collect calls or buy higher end calls for hunting rather than a polycarb call ? If so what is your favorite .Its been a ghost town here since duck season went out just trying to see who all else is out there that is a full time duck bum. Obiviously my favorite is Echo but i also use a few cutdowns too.Now i mainly use these calls outta state but i just wanna see what everybodys opinion is on this or duck calls in Florida in general.Ill try to post my collection if i can get it to work.
Rodney Hill
Echo championship calls prostaff
Avian X Fieldstaff
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter

Re: Duck Calls

Postby stealfeathers » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:06 pm

My favorite call i have i bought at the dixie deer classic. I dont know what kind it is but its hand carved and sounds great. It has a duck skull on it???
stealfeathers
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:00 am

Primos teal hen and primos whistle is all I use.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:47 am

I have a black/pearl daisy cutter. A custom ole miss short barrel, and a older acrylic my dad gave me, no idea what kind it is though. They hardly ever leave my bag when I hunt instate. But going to school in Mississippi I get to use them a good bit.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366217111.709878.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366217179.543372.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366217234.343340.jpg
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby Ajaxian » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 pm

I've never hunted outside of FL I just peep on the teal whistel once in awhile.
Ajaxian
hunter

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Quackhunter I got a daisy cutter just like that i also made a call that looks similar to ur ole miss but mine is a American. When I'm here in Florida I rarely use a mallard call unless Im hunting gadwall and then still I do very little but I go outta state a lot and anything you can do to make yourself a more versital duck hunter helps.to me duck calls are a big part of duck hunting may e not here but that's why I asked the question to see wut everybody thought. Thanks fellas
Rodney Hill
Avian X Fieldstaff
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 pm

I actually was chasing a group of 20-30 mallards this season I had found in Tallahassee. That was the only time I used them in town. But outside of using the calls I think they are cool to collect.
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby Belly up dux » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:46 am

I have more calls than I really use. I have some top end, and some cheap ones. My fav is a DR-85 that I hand tuned. It is sounds so good that a buddy bought one and made me tune it for him. I uped the the pitch and put a squeek in it. Sounds like a young hen mallard, but I can run it like a hen teal also. Other than that I just use a whistle.
Belly up dux
State Moderator

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:20 am

Where you been hiding BUD?
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:23 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:I actually was chasing a group of 20-30 mallards this season I had found in Tallahassee. That was the only time I used them in town. But outside of using the calls I think they are cool to collect.

yea i have cypress pond that holds mallards later in the year last year we didnt have much water so they didnt hang around long but the year bf we had about 150.i love when they show up bc its my favorite place to hunt.
Rodney Hill
Avian X Fieldstaff
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting