Black Brant

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Black Brant

Postby The Waterfowler » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:48 pm

These things are rapidly becoming a favorite of mine to hunt, eat and mount. Neat little Sea Geese and travel a lot of miles from Alaska to Baja, Mexico and back each year. From my understanding they are the most studied waterfowl in North America.

Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Re: Black Brant

Postby quack wackr » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:55 pm

awesome ! hopefully i can get me one of those some day
quack wackr
hunter

Postby King Eider » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:12 am

Oh I like those fat necked mounts.

You coming to Iowa Turkey hunting? Been a little off with the weather so far. Last year this time it was almost done, this year they have hardly gotten started.
King Eider
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:22 am

King Eider wrote:Oh I like those fat necked mounts.

You coming to Iowa Turkey hunting? Been a little off with the weather so far. Last year this time it was almost done, this year they have hardly gotten started.

Ditto on the brant, and ditto on this spring for turkey! I still have 5 tags between the kids and I for later seasons, and they might possibly be the best hunts this year?
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby The Waterfowler » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:47 am

My spot in Iowa was sold at auction so I didn't apply. Been a good run there as I've tagged 10 longbeards including my best Eastern to date.

Pete, still need to add Wisconsin to my list and need to get started with the procedure to get a tag. Will talk with you on that. I head to Kentucky Sunday with a stop going or coming to try to fill my last Tennessee tag.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:12 am

The Waterfowler wrote:My spot in Iowa was sold at auction so I didn't apply. Been a good run there as I've tagged 10 longbeards including my best Eastern to date.

Pete, still need to add Wisconsin to my list and need to get started with the procedure to get a tag. Will talk with you on that. I head to Kentucky Sunday with a stop going or coming to try to fill my last Tennessee tag.

What part of KY are you heading to?
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:49 am

Sounds good Pat.
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby The Waterfowler » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:55 am

Bowling Green area of Ky. Hunting with a friend that has a duck club near mine in Arkansas that lives up there.

The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 pm

Nice... About 3 hours from me... Good luck with the turkeys. They've been a fickle lot so far this spring in my area... Supposed to cool down this weekend too, lows in the 30s... Hopefully that doesn't screw them up to bad...
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby Dirty Doug » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Really Like that pose Pat....nice job........from the looks of that leg it seems like they just may have studied him a little bit!
Dirty Doug
hunter

Postby The Waterfowler » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Yes, that's one of 27 banded ones we killed along with four having web-tags. I love mounting them as they are such a neat bird.

Heard you had an interesting trip down south and good shooting. Wish you were going to Obregon with me. Will talk soon.

The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby Dirty Doug » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:28 pm

I wish I was going to Obregon also but the dates just aren't going to work out for me. Very interesting trip south......wish I was there right now. Providing I don't die a premature death getting run over by a bus or shot by a jealous husband :lol3: I am going to shoot ducks at that lodge again. I loved the place.....still washing mud out of my clothes and ears but it is a neat place. So many desires.......tooooo little $$$$$ Doug
Dirty Doug
hunter

Postby The Waterfowler » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Yes, I heard Argentines don't do well in the mud. Need my truck down there! You coming to Arkansas next year?

The Waterfowler
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum