shooting coats

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

shooting coats

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Anyone know of a good shooting coat? I really dislike mine as it has a collar and continuously gets in the way. I have found these 2 but they are pricy. I am looking for this style at a better price. In the summer I shoot with a vest but today shooting it was in the 30's and that is still a bit too cool to shoot 100 rounds of sporting clays in a sweatshirt and vest.

http://www.gamaliel.com/clothingouterwear/wildhare-cold-weather-coat-right-hand-olive.asp

http://www.stormshooting.com/sportingclays.html

:help:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: shooting coats

Postby War Wagon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Benchmark of shooting Coats, is John Storm... :clapping:

http://www.stormshooting.com/allproducts.html
War Wagon
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Basic GI joe green field coat at the supply shops works for me for a cheap field jacket and I cut off
the right pocket , since I am right handed so the stock does not hang up on me on dismounts.

You can go to Cabela's or Bass world etc if you want something pretty................
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 am

[quote="War Wagon"]Benchmark of shooting Coats, is John Storm.

That is why I posted a link to their site. I just do not like their price :mad:

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:16 am

Sagebrush wrote:Basic GI joe green field coat at the supply shops works for me for a cheap field jacket and I cut off
the right pocket , since I am right handed so the stock does not hang up on me on dismounts.

You can go to Cabela's or Bass world etc if you want something pretty................

I have a couple of the army field jackets left over from my Navy days. To me they just do not fit properly for a shooting coat and the collar gets in the way when mounting. But they do have the pocket space for lots of ammo and they carry the weight well while shooting. I even shop for the smallest collar I can find on my heavy hunting coats :thumbsup:

waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jarod1076 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 am

jarod1076
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed May 01, 2013 1:29 pm

I think I am going with the Wild Hare version. just feels a lot better built than others I have looked at. just waiting to find one for the right price.

Thanks,

waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Finprof » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:29 pm

I have a Bob Allen and a Beretta both bought off EBAY. The Beretta was a closeout. It is terrific - GoreTex and Thinsulate and is so comfortable I wear it for casual wear and not just for shooting. It is warm and dry even on nasty winter days. The Beretta sizes are European - I wear a medium but need a large in the Beretta. The Bob Allen is what most of the other guys in the trap club wear. It is good but not GoreTex/Thinsulate.
Finprof
hunter

Postby KRB » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Finprof wrote:I have a Bob Allen and a Beretta both bought off EBAY. The Beretta was a closeout. It is terrific - GoreTex and Thinsulate and is so comfortable I wear it for casual wear and not just for shooting. It is warm and dry even on nasty winter days. The Beretta sizes are European - I wear a medium but need a large in the Beretta. The Bob Allen is what most of the other guys in the trap club wear. It is good but not GoreTex/Thinsulate.

Also love the Beretta coat and agree with one size up.
KRB
hunter

Return to Target Shooting