Lets talk Yeti

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Re: Lets talk Yeti

Postby :-) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:42 am

I own a YETI and as far as"Wildly Stronger" couldn't be more true...I'm a heavy weight, 400#'s, and use my YETI's to stand on while fishing. It don't have any flaws in the strength department. The "Keeps Ice Longer" is total BS...Igloo works just as well at keeping ice IMO. When you open coolers over and over the ice is gonna melt.
:-)
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:57 pm

I've had several over the years...started with the 45qt ...won a 85qt so I sold the 45qt ...finally sold the 85qt and went down a few notches and have had the 65qt for several years now...

They are heavy SOBs ...but they are very rugged and durable. They don't hold ice as advertised but they do hold ice longer than your average/typical cooler.

In my opinion, they are worth it simply do to the fact of their durability
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:23 pm

:-) wrote:When you open coolers over and over the ice is gonna melt.

Finally spent some time with a Yeti at a grandson's birthday party yesterday, and what I noticed most about it was that I had to open it over and over for kids and gals who couldn't. Might be great for some things, but sure didn't seem too handy for what ice chests generally do the most of.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Rick Hall wrote:

Finally spent some time with a Yeti at a grandson's birthday party yesterday, and what I noticed most about it was that I had to open it over and over for kids and gals who couldn't. Might be great for some things, but sure didn't seem too handy for what ice chests generally do the most of.

they do have a tight seal. sometimes you have to loosen the drain to get a yeti open....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:50 pm

romeocadet08 wrote:In my opinion, they are worth it simply do to the fact of their durability

:huh: I guess I will never understand...
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby FCI90 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi guys this is my first post... First off ill start by saying that the yetis are great for durability and are great coolers... Ive had the privilige to use them on jobsites.. but i went with the coleman extreme instead and within a week i thought i had made a mistake... I was pulling a 32' gooseneck to work that day and my new cooler got pinched sometime during the trip... when i noticed it ,my lid was had a big crease right down the middle of it i thought id just threw away 50$ but about an hour later i went back to the truck for a drink and the cooler had repaired its self .... To this day there is no sign of it... But after a few months of hard use i have to say that the coleman is a very durable cooler itself ... We will see how the hinges hold up over time though

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk 2
FCI90
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:34 pm

For Assa...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby grizz18 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:10 am

Indaswamp wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:

they do have a tight seal. sometimes you have to loosen the drain to get a yeti open....

I often have to that with the Engel. The seal is crazy tight
grizz18
Squatch Life

Previous

Return to Hunting Gear Forum