Hunting rules for rivers in north central Ill

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Hunting rules for rivers in north central Ill

Postby schup » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:43 pm

I am a new duck hunter to the area. I have a duck boat and was wondering about the rules and regs for hunting out of a boat for the Illinos river, and fox river in Mchenry county area. Can you hunt out of a boat anywhere on the rivers?
schup
hunter

Postby duckhntr82 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:33 pm

well i think this is a touchIE subject... i hunt alot out of my boat down on the desplains/ IL river area.... From what i understand is if it isn't posted you can hunt it... but some guys tell me you can't hunt out of your boat...but others say you can... what i was told is that nobody owns water. I know a guy that has been hunting out of his boat in the same area for the last 20 years and has never had a problem. i have been doing it for the last 5 years.... But i have heard that the fox river is posted in alot of areas so i don't know about that. I have talked to DNR and they really didn't give me a straight anser. I would go down to where you want to hunt in the moring and see what other guys are doing there.

If you have any ?? on the area i hunt send my a PM or email
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

Postby killindux » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:28 am

I think that you can always hunt off of state-owned and managed property on the river. 'Course it doesn't make much sense to do so on the illinois until the backwaters freeze up.
killindux
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting