Jeans - Favorite Brand

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Jeans - Favorite Brand

Postby huntswithmutts » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:02 pm

What do you guys wear? My fiance hates my mountain khakis, and I am tired of hearing her complian about them.
huntswithmutts
hunter

Re: Jeans - Favorite Brand

Postby archerykid13 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:16 pm

I wear Wrangler carpenter jeans.
archerykid13
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:12 pm

The pair for $8-10 bucks that they have at farm and fleet and Walmart.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Wally World's Old Glory brand, $9.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Willie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Wranglers
Willie
hunter

Postby talltimber » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Key blue denim carpenters
talltimber
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Rick Hall wrote:Wally World's Old Glory brand, $9.

That's it! Good jeans once they get broke in. And you don't get upset when they get ruined.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Wrangler "regular" jeans for work and play. they last a good while and are a little thicker than my dress jeans (below).

American eagle and aeropostale for going out on the town and school.

I would advise to stay away from Old Navy jeans, and the wrangler cowboy cuts. much too tight in the crotch and butt area... and the old navy's dont have enough height from the crotch to the top of the waist.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby MattMontana » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:33 am

I wore Levi's 550 Relaxed Fit for many years. Then they had a price increase that I just wasn't willing to pay. Tried out some Wrangler Pro Gear jeans, and loved em. Again, relaxed fit. Went to buy more recently, and discovered that they discontinued that style. Yay. Got to spend half a day trying on jeans, in 4 different stores, to find something that fit even ok. Ended up going with Carharts. Not in love with the fit, but I can live with it. And at $29, they are about $15 cheaper than the Levi's. I did acquire a bit of understanding for women that complain about never finding clothes that fit. What a pain in the arse!
MattMontana
hunter

Postby team_reload » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:08 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:Wrangler "regular" jeans for work and play. they last a good while and are a little thicker than my dress jeans (below).

I would advise to stay away from Old Navy jeans, and the wrangler cowboy cuts. much too tight in the crotch and butt area... and the old navy's dont have enough height from the crotch to the top of the waist.

First off im looking forward to what everyone wears because im looking for jeans from time to time also. The comment you made about the old navy jeans being to short from the crotch to the waist makes all the sense in the world and i will vouch for that. Has anyone wore anything from duluth trading?
Bangin' Birdies
team_reload
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:19 pm

For working, $10 wally world jeans.
For my sexy wearing in town jeans, Levi lowrise bootcut. $25ish.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby archerykid13 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:22 pm

team_reload wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:Wrangler "regular" jeans for work and play. they last a good while and are a little thicker than my dress jeans (below).

First off im looking forward to what everyone wears because im looking for jeans from time to time also. The comment you made about the old navy jeans being to short from the crotch to the waist makes all the sense in the world and i will vouch for that. Has anyone wore anything from duluth trading?

The Duluth jeans are nice. They feel good, not too tight. But IMO they are NOT worth the money you spend. I bought a few pair for roofing and they lasted about as long as my Wrangler's and they were ruined.
archerykid13
hunter

Postby team_reload » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:36 pm

archerykid13 wrote:
team_reload wrote:

The Duluth jeans are nice. They feel good, not too tight. But IMO they are NOT worth the money you spend. I bought a few pair for roofing and they lasted about as long as my Wrangler's and they were ruined.

Ok thanks for the reply i will have to try out a pair of wranglers sometime.
Bangin' Birdies
team_reload
hunter

Postby archerykid13 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 pm

team_reload wrote:
archerykid13 wrote:
team_reload wrote:

Ok thanks for the reply i will have to try out a pair of wranglers sometime.

No problem. I would have a lot more of the work gear from Duluth if it was cheaper but I can't justify $60 for a pair of jeans when I can buy 3 pairs of Wranglers for the same price. and have the same quality.
archerykid13
hunter

Postby Quack Wacker NC » Fri May 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Carhartt's for me
Quack Wacker NC
Forum Moderator

Postby Slack Tide » Fri May 03, 2013 6:19 pm

The problem I have is my lap eel.......gotta go Levi 505 regular fit to accommodate the crotch slob and its back pack.....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby huntnut » Fri May 03, 2013 7:13 pm

Wrangler Pro Rodeos
huntnut
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri May 03, 2013 7:45 pm

huntnut wrote:Wrangler Pro Rodeos

God awful
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:48 am

Lanesboro jeans from BJ's wholesale club. Best jeans ive ever worn. very Comfortable, fit it perfect, and the price is right..14 bucks. I buy a pair about every other time im there, cause i like em so much, and always end up getting oil or grease or blood on em and staining them. they got different colors too, which you can even where out on the town and not look like a country bumpkin. their socks are great too, and there made in USA!
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby apg36820 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:06 pm

levis original 501s i have been wearing them ever since i was big enough to wear adult jeans. i havent ever been disappointed. the only thing that is odd is the button fly which i actually prefer. im currently wearing a pair that are 7 years old.
apg36820
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Mon May 06, 2013 8:08 pm

Lucky
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby wtrfwl havoc » Mon May 06, 2013 9:04 pm

You guys do realize levi straus company is very anti-gun, and a huge driving force behind many of the anti-gun lobbyist and politicians right?
wtrfwl havoc
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Tue May 07, 2013 2:56 pm

Huntfish12 wrote:Lanesboro jeans from BJ's wholesale club. Best jeans ive ever worn. very Comfortable, fit it perfect, and the price is right..14 bucks. I buy a pair about every other time im there, cause i like em so much, and always end up getting oil or grease or blood on em and staining them. they got different colors too, which you can even where out on the town and not look like a country bumpkin. their socks are great too, and there made in USA!

DITTO! I wore Levis 505 & 550 most all my life until a few years back when my wife bought 4 pairs of "identical" style & size and each one was drastically different (1' to 1-1/2" difference in length, waist size and height from crotch to waist). Lanesboro's are very sonsistent, wear damned comfortably and last as long as Levis.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Fri May 10, 2013 9:47 am

Wranglers for everything...

What I can't figure out is why Chicks pay $100 for jeans
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Fri May 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Sweatpants. I wear them everywhere. Court, funerals, graduations. I always get compliments like "Sweet sweats dude!"
I just pooped my pants.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Next

Return to Hunting Gear Forum