Rhino liner vs.?

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Rhino liner vs.?

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:39 pm

I know there are a few options now...
Any pros and cons to each brand? It's a silverado if that matters..
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Rhino liner vs.?

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:46 pm

I prefer LineX. Rhino liner is too soft n rubbery for my taste. The LineX is harder and has a finer texture to it. You can tint either one but LineX does offer custom options. I've seen guys go with the Arizona beige (secondary color in a King Ranch) and then with a darker color have the running W sprayed in the bottom of the bed. Looks sweet.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm

X2 on LineX, however I did shear off the lining on one of my bed bolts shovelin' out a 1/4 yard of black dirt. :sad:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Gunnysway wrote:X2 on LineX, however I did shear off the lining on one of my bed bolts shovelin' out a 1/4 yard of black dirt. :sad:

In my experience they won't prep the bed bolts so that you can remove the bed easier. When I get mine done I will make them remove the bed bolts rather than spray over them.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:44 pm

I've got a Rhino liner in my truck, and my brother has his bumpers Line-x'd.

If I were to do it today I'd go Line-x. has a little rougher texture vs. the some what smoother and little softer Rhino liner. But my Rhino liner has been in my truck since the 1st owner of the truck.... and that was over 7 years ago. It's still holding up great other than a little peal up at the tail of the "over the rail" part, and still not to the paint.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Line X for me too. Already have past experience with Rhino liners. My Line X still looks new after a little cleaning.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Might want to check to see if dealers are doing any other types of spray in liners. My buddy got his long bed f-350 done over the rails by a dealer for $480, and the liner is nice middle ground between the Rhino and a Line-x. little softer than Line-x, little harder than a Rhino and just as grippy as line-x. also the quality is comparable to any other quality spray in (as long as prep is done correctly)
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:40 am

2500hdon37s wrote:Might want to check to see if dealers are doing any other types of spray in liners. My buddy got his long bed f-350 done over the rails by a dealer for $480, and the liner is nice middle ground between the Rhino and a Line-x. little softer than Line-x, little harder than a Rhino and just as grippy as line-x. also the quality is comparable to any other quality spray in (as long as prep is done correctly)

X2 prep is key
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum