Duck Hunting Forum banner

Rhino liner vs.?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  whisperin' duck 
#1 ·
I know there are a few options now...
Any pros and cons to each brand? It's a silverado if that matters..

#2 ·
I prefer LineX. Rhino liner is too soft n rubbery for my taste. The LineX is harder and has a finer texture to it. You can tint either one but LineX does offer custom options. I've seen guys go with the Arizona beige (secondary color in a King Ranch) and then with a darker color have the running W sprayed in the bottom of the bed. Looks sweet.

#4 ·
Gunnysway said:
X2 on LineX, however I did shear off the lining on one of my bed bolts shovelin' out a 1/4 yard of black dirt. :sad:
In my experience they won't prep the bed bolts so that you can remove the bed easier. When I get mine done I will make them remove the bed bolts rather than spray over them.

#5 ·
I've got a Rhino liner in my truck, and my brother has his bumpers Line-x'd.

If I were to do it today I'd go Line-x. has a little rougher texture vs. the some what smoother and little softer Rhino liner. But my Rhino liner has been in my truck since the 1st owner of the truck.... and that was over 7 years ago. It's still holding up great other than a little peal up at the tail of the "over the rail" part, and still not to the paint.

#7 ·
Might want to check to see if dealers are doing any other types of spray in liners. My buddy got his long bed f-350 done over the rails by a dealer for $480, and the liner is nice middle ground between the Rhino and a Line-x. little softer than Line-x, little harder than a Rhino and just as grippy as line-x. also the quality is comparable to any other quality spray in (as long as prep is done correctly)

#8 ·
2500hdon37s said:
Might want to check to see if dealers are doing any other types of spray in liners. My buddy got his long bed f-350 done over the rails by a dealer for $480, and the liner is nice middle ground between the Rhino and a Line-x. little softer than Line-x, little harder than a Rhino and just as grippy as line-x. also the quality is comparable to any other quality spray in (as long as prep is done correctly)
X2 prep is key

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.