East MS Duck Hunting

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

East MS Duck Hunting

Postby Herkybird » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:46 pm

Hey folks. New to the forum and I have a question.

I'm a military guy and have been stationed in OK for 2.5 years. I was blessed enough to make friends with a couple of squadron-mates that got me into duck hunting. Now I can't live without it. There is a distinct possibility of me PCSing to Columbus before I have another chance at a September teal hunt here in OK. I know delta hunting is some of the best in the nation, but I'm curious as to what, if any, duck hunting there is to be had in eastern MS. I would think the Tom Bigbee would attract some quackers, but I'm worried it's too far east. Any words?
Herkybird
hunter

Re: East MS Duck Hunting

Postby flywayman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 pm

My brother had a good friend who lived in Columbus,MS. They tried hunting in that area and never did much good except for a few wood ducks. The three of us hunted together a good bit in N/W MS and always did pretty well there.
flywayman
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 am

I killed plenty of ducks around Columbus
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Herkybird » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:39 pm

We finally made it to Columbus. I'm actually looking at buying some property near the base that has a 30-40 acre marsh on it. The agent says there's good waterfowl hunting in that marsh, but I'd like to hear some other opinions. Is there decent duck hunting in this area. I know it's not going to be like the delta, but I'd settle for a couple dozen ducks throughout the season. How 'bout it?
Herkybird
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting