Bong Recreational Area

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Bong Recreational Area

Postby thomashamm2 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:25 am

Hi guys, if anyone could tell me anything about duck hunting bong recreational area. I was wondering how i could get to use the blinds that are available. I was also wondering if any of you guys could tell the some of the better blinds at bong on some of the smaller waters. I'm not interested in hunting the big lake. Also if you guys could tell me the water depth and good decoys to use.
thomashamm2
hunter

Re: Bong Recreational Area

Postby LJensen » Thu May 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Nice work on the cyber scouting, never seen it this early in the year. The good news is that you have plenty of time to strap on some boots, look at some maps and do your own scouting.
LJensen
hunter

Postby thomashamm2 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:04 pm

Ya I could not hunt the 2012 season because I had to get knee surgery. I'm only a teenager but love hunting, and now how to do it pretty well. Once I get my own vehicle, I'm gonna start hunting by myself and scouting. I'm already excited for duck hunting and wanted plenty of time to find a good area
thomashamm2
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Thu May 02, 2013 5:12 pm

I would reccomend you go out there in the summer or before season and see for yourself. Never hunted the area but asking people on the internet may not be your best option for scouting.
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby thomashamm2 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Thanks, but I was just trying to see if I could possibly narrow down the areas, considering there are 4500 acres on the property. I'm definitely going to go scouting, I was just trying to see if I could possibly get any information.
thomashamm2
hunter

Postby LJensen » Thu May 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Any high pressure area like that and people aren't going to give you anything. I don't hunt there, but have taken my dog there to do some training. Once you get out there and see where you can (some parts are not open to hunting) hunt you'll be able to figure out some possible spots.
LJensen
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting