Duck Hunting Forum banner

water motion decoys

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  OkieDuckFever 
#1 ·
Im looking to buy a water motion decoy for this year but i never owned one . The two that im interested in is the mojo mallard machine and the hidgeon pulsator2. Im looking for any feedback on those products or what yall the hunters had sucess with. I hunt in southeast louisiana marshes where i need to get the attention of the ducks because by the time they get all the way down here they have already seen 5 million mojo spinning wing decs and 10 million decoy setups.

#2 ·
Go with the Higdon pulastor or 2. We make a minor alteration on the ones we run. we actually turn the the spouts down so the water doesnt shoot above the water and create an unatural (IMO) fountain effect. It can be a bit noisy if you dont. I like it this way because you still get some ripple on the water with pretty good motion, plus if you hunt in shallow enough water it stirs mud up on the bottom & adds more realism. Hope it helps

#4 ·
I hunted with a group of guys that owned a mallard machine. It works but...
Its too powerful. It pulled the floater decoys under, tangled them, and broke the strings. Real pita.
Maybe they did it wrong? Dont think so. They used three magnum decoys.

#5 ·
I've had good luck with the Pulsator 2. Mine is a few years old, so maybe they have fixed this problem by now, but it seems to run out of juice quickly on the 6-volt battery. Even charging it before each hunt, it seemed to run down after 4-5 hours. If you are only doing morning hunts, then it's great, but for full day hunts, I would bring an extra battery and change it out. I have never had any issues with the seal on mine, but it seems to be just waiting to fail and fry the electronics.

I like the action, but I'm not certain the construction / electronics are as good as they should be. Just my 2 cents...

#7 ·
A lot of good products out there. I've came across a newer product called Duxtrac that allows you to connect up 3 three decoys and they swim in a pattern. It give a lot of movement of both the decoys and the water. Used it last year and had good luck with it -- there were alot of robo ducs in the pool, also.

#9 ·
mallard machine works great. Hook up 3 butt up feeder decoys to it, ducks see the feeding frenzy and the greedy ducks just have to come join in.

Throw out the stretchy decoy connection lines they supply, they will just break after a couple of uses anyway. I replaced mine with some 40lb spider wire I had in my tackle box. You can adjust the length of the line, depending on how deep or shallow the water is. You can even rig up different length lines with decoys clips on the ends for quick swap outs for deep or shallow water and make it easier to switch out the decoys if you want. I also wired in a mojo delay timer into mine, so it is hands free motion. It will run 3-6 hours on a small rechargeable 12v battery with the delay timer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.