Lost and Found Decoy

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Lost and Found Decoy

Postby DrakeS » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:34 pm

These past few months working doing water and land clean-up in the bays and the marshs from the 72 bridge south to route 30 Atlantic City.
i found some pretty interesting things along the way. but the reason i am posting is that i have found my first decoy with initials on it and would love to return it to its righful owner if possiable...

so if anyone knows who might have lost a decoy please help me in locating it's owner..

The initails are ( PV ) on the decoy... if the owner can describe in detail what i have i will meet up with them any time..

hope we can help this decoy find his way home..

thanks
Dave
U.S.C.G. OUPV Licensed Captain.
Life Time Member B.A.S.S.
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Delta Waterfowl
http://drakeswaterfowlguide.com/home
DrakeS
hunter

Re: Lost and Found Decoy

Postby pvn6616 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:52 am

Hey Dave,

I couldn't tell you if I lost a decoy or not this year, but I know that there are a few of mine floating around out there after these many years. The majority of decoys that I know I have lost were LL Bean Coastal Black Ducks, but if I recall they were marked "VN" on the keel. The only ones of mine with a "P" would be cork birds I made myself where I painted my entire Initials and the year on the side of the keel- (PVN 97). None of my plastic decoys are marked at all and I haven't shot over any wooden stools in years.

Early one season some years ago we went hunting and returned to a spot where we'd apparently hunted late the last season and found a bag of decoys which were left all summer. The effing seagulls pecked the cork all apart and they weren't worth anything... I was pissed

So I doubt very highly its mine but if any of this info adds up maybe you have one of mine, in which case I will it to you for all the holes I put in yours!!!
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Re: Lost and Found Decoy

Postby cedar creek sam » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Keep your eyes pealed this fall as I lost an entire can of Old Squaws, including my favorite big one... Recovered most of the others in the yard, including cedar brant and buffs, but the loss of that big Old Squaw really rankles! Must be in a marsh someplace....

So, Dave, if you see this one...or some freshly painted long tailed ones drifting about, let me know!
CC SAM

"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." Theodore Roosevelt
cedar creek sam
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting