another bilge pump butt

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

another bilge pump butt

Postby stealfeathers » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:29 pm

I did mine a little different. Im sure its been done. I wish i would have used regular wire.But i figured the cord would make it less likely to break. The weight at the bottom of the pump gives it a good rocking effect in between pumps of water. What do yal think besides the high visibility of the cord? It will be black when im done with it.

stealfeathers
hunter

Re: another bilge pump butt

Postby stealfeathers » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Nobody likes my duck but, or has any ideas to change it to make it better?
stealfeathers
hunter

Postby rxgac » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:56 am

so, is the floater the power supply or the "flasher" on/off controll. interesting if it is.
rxgac
hunter

Postby stealfeathers » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:21 am

The floater has the battery, the on off switch is simply the positive wire hooked up to the battery.
stealfeathers
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:08 pm

I've done that. The two decoys are going to creep together and start bouncing off of each other. If you put something in the middle and tie the cord to it like a dowell rod that floats they stay apart and work pretty good. I used a 12volt gel cell in a goose floater. You might also try turning your pump discharge tube down. It will give just as much motion without spraying water everywhere, plus it stirs up mud and crap down low and makes the water muddy like feeding ducks in shallows do.
All turkeys must die!!!

WTN10 wrote:Mark your calendars, boys. This is the day WTN10 was wrong. The cat above is 100% correct.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby stealfeathers » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:19 pm

I wonder if they would creep if i individualy weighted them with a nice weight.
stealfeathers
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:36 pm

stealfeathers wrote:I wonder if they would creep if i individualy weighted them with a nice weight.

That works to, but can be a hassle to keep untangled with two lines and weights and a cord in the middle.
All turkeys must die!!!

WTN10 wrote:Mark your calendars, boys. This is the day WTN10 was wrong. The cat above is 100% correct.
Cujo1
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting