Thoughts on back ground checks -when you sell

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Thoughts on back ground checks -when you sell

Postby decoycarver » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Being a buyer, user and trader/seller myself--what are your thoughts of You as a seller in Private -conducting back ground checks of your potential buyer of your firearm.Should this sale remain Private, Should you be concerned Who this buyer is ?-cask & carry --are you going to pay your Tax ? do you keep a receipt now with the proper information on who you sold/traded with..because it may be traced back -God forbid a terrible tragedy takes place..Should things be left alone ??--and let your common sense be your guide?-( I.e.) People are by Law are to wear Helmets for Bicycles --more rules and laws..and all that changed because Kids/people were jumping obstacles that were not to be jumped.and they cracked open their empty coconut !
now back to firearms its responsibility.of the owner-yes there are gun owners who shoot themselves -cleaning an empty firearms STILL--Accidents happen -what next -the government coming into you house and registering your butcher and steak knives ??--What about your louie-ville slugger behind the back seat, or behind the kitchen door--that's been there since your last high School game when your 130lbs. with cat like reflexes ??--that xxxl hunting coat looked kinda tight last sea=duck trip ??--and why does the TDB list to the port side??--with just you on the port side and all your gear/decoys on the starboard??--Im off track just thinking about my own fat a----.Mirrors don't lie !!--So Back ground checks to be conducted by everyone who sells/trades a firearm --your opinions ?? :huh:
decoycarver
hunter

Re: Thoughts on back ground checks -when you sell

Postby 733SubDucker » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:45 am

background checks could be a simple, quick, and low cost way to decrease the odds of someone obtaining a gun that legally should not.

a major concern for many people, including myself is: what i done with that information (will this create a defacto gun registry)AND what constitutes an infraction of that law in transferring firearms (If I lend / gift a gun to friend or family for example)
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby BMowatt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:18 pm

I don't think it matters how or how many background checks are done. If a bad guy wants a gun he or she will find a way to get one. Maybe steal it from a legal owner. Just my .02$ ,,,that is all
BMowatt
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Until existing laws are enforced and you can show me how to do it without increasing the Fed, state or local budgets I call it nothing but a feel good tax because it can't be enforced at without registration, and even then those that are committing crimes will just be committing one more.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Return to Maine Duck Hunting