Update On Proposed Carry Law

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Update On Proposed Carry Law

Postby DRYLOK » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:54 am

I'll keep this updated best I can until this sucker becomes law. Below is an update as of today from Valinda Rowe

This is the current state of affairs for Right to Carry in IL as we understand it:

The GA has sent the bill to the Governor's desk today 6/6/13
The Gov. has 60 days from today to sign/veto/or let it sit on his desk - that would give him a deadline of Aug. 5th.

IL Att. Gen. Lisa has until June 23 to appeal to SCOTUS.

Through all of this, on Tuesday of this week, the 7th circuit court of appeals granted a 30 day extension to the Att. General on the original June 9th deadline when the court has said it will lift the stay on granting our injunction against the current ban.
That extension moves the deadline to July 9th .

So basically we get passed June 23 without an appeal and we're good to go. It will have to become law. If he does not sign it by July 9 we go to court carry until he does sign it.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Re: Update On Proposed Carry Law

Postby huntall6 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 pm

so does the allowance to put the law into place once past start when quinn signs it? cause thats another year (almost) until i get a permit!?
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Re: Update On Proposed Carry Law

Postby DRYLOK » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:51 am

It goes into affect as soon as we override his veto which will likely be at the end of the month. Then they have 60 days to get instructors certified and listed. 90 days I think it is to have all training criteria listed and they have to have applications ready for print with in 6 months. So you're looking at the first application being filed in January with the first permit being issued in march. All of this is of course absent an appeal to SCOTUS.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting