New to SC

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

New to SC

Postby wwardd45 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:08 pm

hey guys I am new to SC I live in aiken county looking for areas to hunt any suggestions would be great thanks.
wwardd45
Newb

Re: New to SC

Postby BurninPowder » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Welcome to SC. Lets see, SC duck hunting...very few ducks and an overwhelming amount of hunters. As far as looking for places to hunt, you'd have better luck looking on Craigslist! :rolleyes: My advise would be to get out and do some good old fashioned scouting but we all know that's unheard of nowadays. Better than that join your local DU or Delta Waterfowl Chapter, get involved and make some friends. :thumbsup: What's the worst that could happen...
Last edited by BurninPowder on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BurninPowder
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:19 am

Welcome, above information is best advice you could receive. Crackerneck WMA near you is good wood duck area. Good luck. :welcome:
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby Deerhunter1975 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:31 am

Best advice anyone can give you is don't get on a public forum and ask for spots or places to hunt. We all work hard to find ducks in SC so get off your ass and go find them . Spend some time and gas scouting and riding in a boat , you won't get anything here :thumbsup:
Deerhunter1975
hunter

Postby Edge » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:57 pm

One place to start is SC Wildlife, you will find good spots to scout, no GPS numbers, but good info. On the coast you have the lake, Cooper river, and Santee delta, just to name a few. We have ducks, and you can shoot a limit, but you will have to work for it. PM me and I will help if I can.
Edge
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting