Fair price?

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Fair price?

Postby teal12 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:17 am

I am from just south of Kansas City and I've been looking to lease an area for duck and goose hunting but being my first time leasing an area I don't know what a fair price would be. Any advice on what to look for in a lease or what a lease should cost would be appreciated thank you.
teal12
hunter

Re: Fair price?

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Price of lease depends on a million different things!!!!!!!!

pits
did i mention location
pumps/water/wells
access
size
once again location

Some can range from $2500 for a small area no water guarntee to $8K in prime area with water guarntee
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:31 pm

i_willie12 wrote:Price of lease depends on a million different things!!!!!!!!

pits
did i mention location
pumps/water/wells
access
size
once again location

Some can range from $2500 for a small area no water guarntee to $8K in prime area with water guarntee

And don't forget that location will mean alot!!
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby Cliner » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:00 pm

A buddy and I hunt some properties south of KC and there are some people that lease the property next to his family farm for around $2500 per season. It's decent ground, probably around 200-300 acres. I don't know how much that helps you, but at least there's a price. Only reason I know is because we tried to get permission on the property and that's what the landowner told us.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby MODAKR » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:44 am

i've looked into leases but never done it. the range ive seen is $1500 per person (this was sort of a membership to a small place with half a doz other guys) but guranteed water and about 15 miles from Habitat Flats; don't think it was a great location but i know they kill a few birds. another place about 8 miles from grand pass was $3000; don't know if it had a pump or not. and lastly, a place near Squaw Creek for $6000 + pumping costs. so its all over the board. for certain, its about location, location, location. and in my opinion, you can be close to a really good place like grand pass or habitat flats, but if you don't know the birds patterns, it might not be that great. you may have to just do the best reserach you can and then try something... and chalk it up to experience.

best of luck!
MODAKR
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting